Thinking about getting a Saleen rear bumper...

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
I have a 98 BAB Cobra rear bumper chillen in my shed right now. But I think I want to go with a saleen rear bumper.

I had it on my 94 and loved the way they looked with the exhaust cut outs and side louvers. I'm thinking it would look sick on an all black Cobra...

What do you guys think Lol? :beer:

allgo90

Established Member
interested to see pics of a stock cobra body with saleen rear bumper.

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
blackmustang.jpg

That is the only black one I found..

uofipilot

Established Member
I dont like it, but I've never been a fan of the saleen styling. IMO, the bumpers always look too big and bulky, kinda like those rediculous body kits that clowns put in dsm's. I've also never been a fan of mixing trim lines, like putting a cobra hood on a gt or a gt emblem on a sixer. I think Cobras are the top of the top, so I want to keep it all cobra.

But its your car, and I guess it looks ok. And as far as cobra being top of the top, at the end of the day I guess its just really an 11 year old hunk of crap ford, so if you like it, go for it.

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
Looks great COBRASVT.......I'm still not sure what I wanna do.

I don't want to ruin the Cobra look by doing a Saleen rear bumper but it looks so good haha...

allgo90

Established Member
i think it looks good. i like how cobrasvt put the cobra on the bumper too.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
im fiddy/fiddy too... if they didnt have the 3 cutouts on the side it would be better. i think it would look better with the matching front, but i dunno....

COBRASVT

Established Member
howd you get the COBRA on there? Or is it just stickers?
They are stuck on, but they're real carbon fiber inserts that were originally made for the COBRA. The company that made them went under and I grabbed this set off Ebay for $20. :D

30_std.jpg

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
I'd keep the Cobra bumper, but like you said, being black you might be able to pull it off. It'll def be different. :)

95StangRC

Established Member
not saying that the Saleen looks bad in any way, but I would leave your car as is. I think the whole car looks incredible with just the subtle changes that you've made (wheels, S281 wing, etc.) I think right now you have one of the best looking black SN95 Cobras I've seen. :beer:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
not saying that the Saleen looks bad in any way, but I would leave your car as is. I think the whole car looks incredible with just the subtle changes that you've made (wheels, S281 wing, etc.) I think right now you have one of the best looking black SN95 Cobras I've seen. :beer:

I see how it is....:D

Eddie Z

Established Member
Never been a big fan of the saleen bumpers on our cars. I don't like how in the middle of the rear bumper it sags. The only saleen cosmetic mods I would do on a cobra is the S281 wing and side skirts, just my .02

Users who are viewing this thread