Thinking about getting back into a ford!

kahukub

Established Member
Gentleman,

Its been a very long time since i have been on the site so it's nice to be back. I originally owned a 2003 Sonic Blue lightning and traded it in for a 2006 TBSS (trailblazer ss). I love the Bowtie but i really miss the L. My family expanded and i needed something a bit bigger but still fast. I also currently own a 1990 454 SS on the side. I am in a loop between the SRT-8 jeep, SRT-10 ram, and Harley Davidson. I have been really leaning to the HD as i read more about all the other vehicles. The SRT-8 would be a fun vehicle but i already own a TBSS and there overrated in Colorado as everyone has one, SRT-10 Ram is just not impressing me with all the deep pocket maintenance and being 500 or so HP and still slower then a built Honda civic. But i loved my lightning and an HD would be perfect with the extra space.

I have searched around quite a bit for offers and have come across some really good deals. There is a 2003 HD for sale that is local in Denver, it is going for 18,000 with 85,000 miles. I don't know if that is average for these but it doesn't seem like a bad price for being in really good condition. My idea is that i would sell the 1990 454 ss for about $6500-$8000. Save a little more and just drop in a new forged short block maybe a new trans while im at it. Everyone knows how easy it is to get caught up on just after market parts and increasing boost, but i figure why not just do it right the first time. So what do you guys think get back in a ford? :-D

Last edited:

kahukub

Established Member
IMAG0033.jpgIMAG0032.jpgIMAG0034.jpg

kahukub

Established Member
I would have got rid of the trailnblazer and got the jeep. No comparison.
nice truck though.

LOL... I could but i bought it for the wife, it keeps her away from my rides. And there is no way i would ever buy her a jeep. Women can barley keep there rides clean let alone drive. The TBSS has lost a ton its value since SRT-8 spanks them every time, so i can care less if she trashes it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread