Thinking about getting the Mac PC

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
I am thinking about getting a Mac PC and was wondering with you guys that has it, will I get a power increase from them?

Jmurrz

Established Member
I replaced my stocker for the catless PC last week. I Definitely feel some more low end torque and high end HP. It just feels like it is breathing much better than before. I would do it for the sound regardless of power gains. The stingers and PC are perfect. I don't know what cat back you have but from what i have read, the PC goes well with most of them.

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
Jumrrz that's great then if there is some extra power to be had by the PC. My next question is where is the cheapest place for a pair of O2 simulators. I don't have a tuner for my car when I bought it so I can't program it to turn off the check engine light.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Well, you're going from 2.25" to 2.5" so for sure some gain. They say the PC will make more TQ, but I have no proof of that.
I'm not a fan of the MIL's, but some have had luck.
Even if you had a handheld, you couldn't turn off the rears.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I do all my own Joe, short of big tuning stuff and the only one even close that I've heard of is Keastie up in Sarasota.
I know at one time there was a few in the Ft. Myers area, but not sure anymore.

stangfreak

Established Member
I replaced my stocker for the catless PC last week. I Definitely feel some more low end torque and high end HP. It just feels like it is breathing much better than before. I would do it for the sound regardless of power gains. The stingers and PC are perfect. I don't know what cat back you have but from what i have read, the PC goes well with most of them.

very cool. The prochamber will produce more tq than the xpipe. so that seat of the pants low tq feel is spot on. I picked up 13rwtq going to the prochamber and that was without a retune. just a swap. IMO the prochamber is the best mid pipe. some people like that high pitch raspy sound of an x pipe which also makes the exhaust louder. Maybe im getting older, but, I like a mellow car to cruise around with but has a loud sound at wot.

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
very cool. The prochamber will produce more tq than the xpipe. so that seat of the pants low tq feel is spot on. I picked up 13rwtq going to the prochamber and that was without a retune. just a swap. IMO the prochamber is the best mid pipe. some people like that high pitch raspy sound of an x pipe which also makes the exhaust louder. Maybe im getting older, but, I like a mellow car to cruise around with but has a loud sound at wot.

I'm the same way, I must be getting old too. I will take that deep mellow sound any day over that high pitched raspy sound.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
So I just put on a Prochamber over the weekend....sounds fantastic

I was previously just running a borla stinger cat back with stock mid pipe making 451/542 ft lb's. I will have to get the car re-tuned in the near future and will let you konw what the numbers look like. My guess is the HP goes up a bit and I lose a few Ftlb's.

speedoflife

Established Member

I was previously just running a borla stinger cat back with stock mid pipe making 451/542 ft lb's. I will have to get the car re-tuned in the near future and will let you konw what the numbers look like. My guess is the HP goes up a bit and I lose a few Ftlb's.
So you meant 451/442 right? If not please share your magical ways.

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member

Congrats on the new mid pipe! I am planning to go for one within the next week. I bet she sounds awesome. :)

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
No, the 542 is correct........you can thank a lower 4lb and a stock mid pipe for that. As mentioned , I expect that torque number to drop a little bit and the HP to go up with the prochamber.

That's a great torque number you have, I am thinking now also to change out my 2.76 pulley for a 2.93 upper and a 4lb lower. Gotta love a motor that makes great torque.

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
Ok here's another question, will the non-stainless steel PC rust? If it does can I put on a high temp paint on the PC before I install it?

Users who are viewing this thread