Thinking about installing my o/r x-pipe...

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
My mods are in the sig...

I'm thinking about installing the off-road x-pipe that I have laying around. I know it's going to be significantly louder, but what about power? HP, I assume should increase, but torque on the other hand might decrease with less pressure. Is this true?

Those of you who went from a after-market catback with stock h-pipe to after-market catback with o/r x or h-hipe, were you able to tell the difference using the butt-o-meter?

Thanks

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
You may lose a little torque down low, but the horsepower increase over stock makes up for it! I say go for it! Plus its not like your hurting for torque anyway!

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
I could tell some loss of torque when not in boost. However, I believe the loss will be be made up once the other mods are added (i.e. TB, MAF, CAI).

On the other hand, the car really pulls harder when the Eaton is feeding it. Given your mods, you should not notice any loss of torque; if anything, you should really feel a power increase since the 2.80 will be providing boost earlier in the RPM range than a stock pulley as I have.

Your car will, indeed, be SIGNIFICANTLY louder with the O/R X, especially with the "shotgun" design of the Dynomax mufflers. If you are experiencing any drone now, you will see it increase with the O/R X. However, baffles will take care of it for you without sacrificing HP/TQ.

This assessment is based upon my experience with the Magnaflow O/R X anc Catback that I recently installed on mine.

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
I have a Dr. Gas off road, I love it, mated w/ the Bassani catback it sounds great....as for the torque #'s i put down 417ft. lbs. and 433hp, no pulley.

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Thanks for the response, guys..... I think I'm going to go ahead and install it just so I know how it REALLY is.....

FlashSVT.... I hear you about the weather here! Too much rain == no driving the snake around = :(

BTW, have you dynoed your car yet? I'm going to let Steve at McGees auto do the x-pipe install and slap her on the dyno to see if it makes any difference. I'm getting this done on Monday.

FlashSVT

Established Member
BTW, have you dynoed your car yet? I'm going to let Steve at McGees auto do the x-pipe install and slap her on the dyno to see if it makes any difference. I'm getting this done on Monday.
Not yet, work has been busy. What time are you going Monday? Maybe I could swing by during lunch.

Do you have O2 sims to prevent a MIL?

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Flash, I got that UPR Venom kit. The chip is already programmed to ignore the 02 sensors. I'm assuming I don't need any simulators. I'm dropping it off at 1:00PM. It may take him an hour to install it and hopefully get it on the dyno around 2:00ish... We'll see.

Jim, I got a package deal from UPR. Never thought about the Pro Chamber stuff. I'm a newbie at this stuff so I didn't really know about all the available systems out there -- just picked one that seemed okay...

Users who are viewing this thread