Thinking about next mods.

Mattstang04

Established Member
If you had say 600 of 700 bucks to throw at you car where would you put it. I don't have a good cat back yet. Don't have an aluminum driveshaft. Don't have those nice bilstein shocks and struts either. Sure like the sound of some thumpy mild to moderate cams but I ain't got that kinda cash. I don't really want to supercharger without building the bottom end. Ain't got the kinda cash for sure...right now.

What's on your lists of mods to buy? Maybe your list can inspire me toward one mod or another.

I've already got longtubes, 4.30s, mgw shifter, springs, drop in filter, mm lcas, sway bars, and rovos pretorias.

my04mach

Established Member
Well, for me gears, but you're set lol. What about front and rear sway bars? How is the rest of the front suspension? Maybe ball joints, steering bushings, all that biz, to tighten up everything?

Instagram: @ab_mach1

4a7191a

Established Member
Cheap catback and aluminum driveshaft while there , maybe have some change left over for an intake plenum spacer too

Mattstang04

Established Member
Hear you on the mufflers. The sway bars are Americanmuscle.com SR brand. Pretty big compared to stock stuff. The car is low mileage, under 30k miles, and the front end is tight. Even put poly bushings in the steering track. A mod i wouldn't recommend spending money on but I already had the bushings. Plus I've replaced the ball joints already. She's mechanically sound.

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
I plan to order new shocks/struts and rear lower control arms in the next week.

The prior owner welded in flowmasters to the stock catback. I don't care for the hack job they did, so I am also thinking of buying full catback and doing it right. Right now, the Mac Catback is my preferred choice...

I already have gears/tune/shifter/springs/drag radials/mid pipe

StalkerStang

Established Member
How well does the short runner play with a basically stock car? That's a possibility.

I don't have any real experience on it, but my understanding is it depends on how much you shorten them. The shorter the runners, the farther it will move the power band up. So if you don't have the compression and head capabilities to breathe up there, it's gonna be sluggish. I know Todd on the corral, nasvt, does them. I would ask him.

Mattstang04

Established Member
So I decided to complete the pipes. Lethalperformance.com had a great sale on magnaflow. Got a magnapacks catback coming. Going to give the car a proper full sound. Still got other stuff I'll get to in the future.

Mattstang04

Established Member
Couldn't help myself. Went ahead and got the aluminum driveshaft too. I liked the thing on a previous car even if it doesn't do much. It will have a psychological effect that makes me think the car is faster because of it. Easy install while I'm doing the exhaust too.

Mattstang04

Established Member
So I decided to complete the pipes. Lethalperformance.com had a great sale on magnaflow. Got a magnapacks catback coming. Going to give the car a proper full sound. Still got other stuff I'll get to in the future.

Probably leaning more towards bilstein when I do the shocks and struts. The car sees street duty on nice days. Think them vikings are more strip oriented.

Olivas

Never got to run it myself, sold the car before doing my own NA build up. I had some of the 96/98 cobra cams as well, but they're gone already. So have the intake and couple other items sitting around in the garage still. Word always was the intake was worth 15-20rwhp by itself. I picked it up from another member over at the Mach 1 Registry. You can check out my FS threads -

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/cobra-mach-1-parts-for-sale.1137080/
http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135851

Mattstang04

Established Member
Never got to run it myself, sold the car before doing my own NA build up. I had some of the 96/98 cobra cams as well, but they're gone already. So have the intake and couple other items sitting around in the garage still. Word always was the intake was worth 15-20rwhp by itself. I picked it up from another member over at the Mach 1 Registry. You can check out my FS threads -

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/cobra-mach-1-parts-for-sale.1137080/
http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135851

Conversation (PM) sent.

Users who are viewing this thread