Thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2015 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium...

Speedwagon

Established Member
I'm really thinking about trading my 14' GT 5.0 for a 15'.. I took one for a test drive today and I have to say... I'm impressed!! The ride and comfort felt way better than my 14 but I'm still not stuck on my new body style... The wife really liked it but not the color. We test drove one in ruby red. My first choice if I were gonna do it is impact blue then competition orange. Anyone have a 2015 that can sway me to trade up to a newer pony??

Last edited:

FIVEHOE

Established Member
If you can justify losing the money on a trade in then go for it.

olaosunt

Established Member
I'm really thinking about trading my 14' GT 5.0 for a 15'.. I took one for a test drive today and I have to say... I'm impressed!! The ride and comfort felt way better than my 14 but I'm still not stuck on my new body style... The wife really liked it but not the color. We test drove one in ruby red. My first choice if I were gonna do it is impact blue then competition orange. Anyone have a 2015 that can sway me to trade up to a newer pony??
Ray skillman Ford has one in DIB.
If you buy it have them send me a finders fee.lol
photo_zps7c4e6d47.jpg

Last edited:

13GT5.0

Established Member
If you like it go for it but you will take an equity hit. I like the interior, couldnt believe how small the car looked in person. Im not a fan of the bodystyle either, but it has alot better interior than the previous gens for sure.

old_goat

Established Member
Go for it if you don't care about the $$$ hit

I saw a few at a local dealership, but didn't drive one. IMHO it didn't have enough impact on me to take any sort of equity hit. Now if it had a better 'wow' factor, then it would be something to think about, did IMHO it didn't. My 2013 is just fine as is, until my other new car gets delivered.

Speedwagon

Established Member
I went from an '11 to a 2015 and I couln be happier. They are two completely different vehicles in every aspect.

I couldn't agree more.. Its like night and day. Only two things keeping me form doing it is losing money on my 14' and the body style. I'd have to let it grow on me, but I am beginning to like it .. :)

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
I took a decent hit trading my 13 but I don't regret it. The S550 is an entirely different animal and for my needs its in a good way.

S8MS-01904

SVT Cobra Driver
Established Member
What can I expect to loose on the trade approximately? I have 4106 miles on my 14 but I dunno if that will be a determining factor or not.

Most likely about $3,000. You '14 is loosing value each day. If you do trade in, best day is Thursday. That's because your '14 (if super clean) will get front & center parking at the stealership and will sell by Saturday.

Speedwagon

Established Member
Most likely about $3,000. You '14 is loosing value each day. If you do trade in, best day is Thursday. That's because your '14 (if super clean) will get front & center parking at the stealership and will sell by Saturday.

So.. With that said.. If I go X-Plan I should be able to get away with what ever the car cost + taxes and the other BS charges...

jtfx6552

Established Member
Was the car you test drive clean? I had a DIB 13 and now have a ruby 14. I really like the ruby better. Just about everyone who saw both said the same thing. But of course everyone has different tastes, chocolate and vanilla and all those other flavors, lol.

Speedwagon

Established Member
Was the car you test drive clean? I had a DIB 13 and now have a ruby 14. I really like the ruby better. Just about everyone who saw both said the same thing. But of course everyone has different tastes, chocolate and vanilla and all those other flavors, lol.

Actually .. It was a little dirty, but I have seen other in Ruby Red.. I dunno.. I would much rather have the DIB or even Competition Orange. The wife and I rode out to Beaver Falls yesterday to take a look at the CO @ Ron Lewis Ford. Very Nice!! And it had everything I wanted. So.. we'll see. I guess it will all come down to what kind of hit I take on my 14'. If they wanna sell me a car.... they will. Fingers X'd ... :)

Users who are viewing this thread