Thinking about selling cobra

ruarkkustomz

F8LBITE
Established Member
Im thinking about selling my cobra. I think it might be time to let it go. I recently bought an 87 notch that im going to turn into a limited street car. Also picked up a 460 big block for it. My reason behind selling is i dont think ill use the car much once the notch is done. Im also looking at getting a speed boat to take the family and friends out on. What do u guys think? Am i stupid for selling car? This is my second cobra and i always said id keep it.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I don't think you're stupid for selling the car. Ever since I started road racing my old fox body my Terminator has not moved and I have drive the R twice. Before that I was driving the Terminator and the fox sat for 7 years. The R still saw only a few outings. That is its lot in life.

Now buying a speed boat....that may be classified as stupid, depending on who you talk to.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Boat = break out another thousand (from what I have heard)

I sold my cobra for my 85 coupe, and I haven't looked back yet. Although I didn't make a single pass down the track in 2012. But I should be out in full force in 2013.

Also 460 better be a quick car (9s on motor) or you might get bashed by the small block guys ... just saying!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Of course you're stupid for selling it. Like Doug says, you'll just use that money for buying the boat, and that will lead you down the road to real financial ruin!

Now, if you just give me your car, you won't have the money for the boat, so you'll have more money to put into the notch, plus I will keep it in MACA!

Win...win...win! ;-)

ruarkkustomz

F8LBITE
Established Member
Haha. Giving it away wont be an option. The big block will be a stroker 525motor on Nos so hopefully ill be in the 9's. I have two other old cars that just sit in the garage and leaving that one in there aswell just doesn't seem like a good idea. The boat thing I've been through once before and yes it is expensive but will give me more family time(which my wife says we need since im always playing with cars)lol

onefastcar

Established Member
You know once you sell the cobra the first time you hear and or see one you are going to want another . Keep the car . As far as a boat it really depends on what kind of boat you are looking at and how it has been kept

RussZTT

Established Member
Its all what is currently holding your interest. Its up for you to decide if you want to let it go. Can always try to keep it and get the big block running then see how you feel.

ruarkkustomz

F8LBITE
Established Member
Build a bigger garage :)
The garage is big enough to have them all my pockets just arnt deep enough.

Its all what is currently holding your interest. Its up for you to decide if you want to let it go. Can always try to keep it and get the big block running then see how you feel.

I thought about finishing the notch first then sell cobra.

You know once you sell the cobra the first time you hear and or see one you are going to want another . Keep the car . As far as a boat it really depends on what kind of boat you are looking at and how it has been kept

That's very true. Last time I sold it and saw another one I waned mine back.

Users who are viewing this thread