Thinking about trading in the cobra, have questions, need help....

Blakers01GT

Established Member
ok, I have a 04 Comp Orange, have the mods in sig. I absolutely love it but I'm 23, have been successful so far but really couldn't afford having the Cobra AND a nice SUV. And that's what I considering trading it in for. Everytime I drive my dad's Navigator around I just think how nice it would be to have a nice SUV, and want one more everytime I drive it. Not so much a Navi but something like an Expedition, GMC Yukon Denali, something like that. Now if I lived in the south where I could drive my cobra all year around I would probably not even consider this. But it makes me sad and pisses me off I have to put my car away soon for 4 or 5 months while I'm paying a so much a month for it. While I could be driving a nice SUV in the winter. Has anyone considered this or done this where they can give me advice. My main worry is I'm gonna be kicking myself for trading in my Cobra because I'll miss it so much.

Another factor is I'm CONSTANTLY worrying and super anal about if something's going wrong with my car and we all know the money pit our cars our. So any advice would be appreciated!

Blake

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
well, i live in sunny cali, so i can drive the cobra all year round. but yeah, sometimes i feel like i need a suv. It's a tough call, I would keep it if I were you, but in your situation, im not sure...

svtdriven

Established Member
why not have both an suv and a sports vehicle? this just came out. 395hp trailblazer for around 33-38k.
ext_gallery01.jpg

ext_gallery02.jpg

Shaneo0oMac

Established Member
suv's guzzle gas like a motha

why drive a mommy wagon around all the time?

your young have fun while you can before you have to be stuck with a suv hauling around kids !!!

Blakers01GT

Established Member
Shaneo0oMac said:
suv's guzzle gas like a motha

why drive a mommy wagon around all the time?

your young have fun while you can before you have to be stuck with a suv hauling around kids !!!

Trust me, I've been through it all, and I hear ya. Understand I'm not dumping it permanantly, but only for a bit. Realize I'll be making alot more money soon down the road. Then even IF I DO meat someone, pop out a few kids. Having a Cobra or sports car won't be a problem. Right now it just blows because i I live in the north and it get frusterating driving a beater around alot. As far as gas guzzling, my company comps me for alot of that when it is work related. plus I'm mostly highway.

Also, how is a Denali a Mommy wagon? It's not a frickin' station wagon or a mini-van. And of course the cobra is great for gas conservation :rolleyes: :D

FordMustangLove

Lame-o
Established Member
....i love navi's and at times i rather be driving one than the vert..but then i remember that my little 4.6 has some amazing potential ..so screw the navi

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I just traded my Cadillac Escalade in. I liked it but 15 mpg was about it. It is nice to be able to haul seven people though :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread