thinking about upgrading from new edge... please give advice!!

blown93302

Established Member
hey guys, been thinking hard for the past few weeks about upgrading from my 99 cobra vert... i bought it last july for $12k, has 40,100 miles on it, 03 polished 18's, bbk CAI, bassani off road x, bassani cat back.... Absolutely mint and absolutely a blast to drive. I pay $250/month so keep this in mind. I am thinking that i could sell it/trade it for a 03/04 and my payment would be around $350 for a $20k car with around 50k miles... now the hard part. is the extra $100/month worth the upgrade? i do love my car now, but have NEVER ridden in a terminator or driven a car w/400+hp either so i really have no idea how it would compare to driving my 99 with about 300rwhp. obviously the pros would be a newer car, more power, better trans... cons is that i did the mods to my 99, it has low miles, i love the looks of it, and the terminator will be $100 more/month. could i afford it, yes, but not VERY easily. Ok enough ranting i will sit back and see what you guys all have to say. i appreciate all comments. thanks!!

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
Well all i can say is if you do get a Terminator you won't be disappointed. Especially when you start modding. These cobras respond extremely well to mods

svtleen

Established Member
If you can afford it you'll love and feel the difference in power. I have a 99 Cobra with a Vortech blower and it doesn't compare to the instantaneous boost of the roots style Eaton. I also like the fact that the 03/04 comes with forged internals and a 6 speed T56 tranny.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
if that extra 100 is going to make you even the least bit uncomfortable financially I would pass if I were you. you are sounding like if something were to happen that 100 bucks might make the difference between making it and not. to put youself that close to the edge is just silly even if it is for a terminator.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Like mentioned,if it`s going to be that close on the money thing,i`d pass and wait till you feel more confortable about the upgrade.If you end up getting one,all you`ll be saying is WOW,why didn`t I do this sooner.Good Luck.

rexisme

Established Member
I was saying DO IT. Then I read the part of your post that said you "could afford it, not very easily". If that is the case, keep your low mileage 99. It is nice to have nice things but, not nice enough to put yourself in a poor financial situation.

Users who are viewing this thread