Thinking of adding Water/ Meth. Kit

Bad Intention

Established Member
I have been doing some resarch on Water/Meth kit to my car. Current mods are Procharger P1 stg.II, Boss Intake, 75 lbs Inj., Circle D 3600 stall, O/R X-Pipe, BAP and 3.73 gears. I like the idea of lowering IAT's and higher octane.

I have 93 tune and racegas tune. But i have to run the tank empty to be able to run my racegas tune which is a PITA because i usualy drive my car 80 miles to the track. So i would just have one tune for street and track.

I have been reading about the Snow Perf. Stage II. Snow Performance: Stage 2 Boost Cooler?

Just looking for some input.

Fast Willy

Established Member
snow makes an excellent kit. great qualities pieces. When I had my cobra. I actually used my windshield washer fluid container as the meth container to be a little more stealth. The new kits work great now that the can just kick on depending on how much boost you running and everything also allows for better use of the meth because if you dont need it it wont be spraying.

Entrenched

Established Member
I had a snow kit on my Turbo GT that worked off MAF signal. It never worked right. I still have the Snow pump and 3 gallon fuel cell I mounted in the trunk to run 100% methanol. I'm planning on doing the same and using one of these kits:

http://alkycontrol.com/

I'm also going to add an IAT after the MAF.

grnenvy

Established Member
I have never used it but all my Buick friends back in the day did and it worked for them. Also my one budy with his ProCharger vette uses it and it runs real fast.

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
Have you had a chance to run the car with the new set up at the track yet? It's good to have someone with a similar car to test the mods.;-)

chrisheltra

Established Member
snow makes an excellent kit. great qualities pieces. When I had my cobra. I actually used my windshield washer fluid container as the meth container to be a little more stealth. The new kits work great now that the can just kick on depending on how much boost you running and everything also allows for better use of the meth because if you dont need it it wont be spraying.

+1 I do the same thing with my L.

Bad Intention

Established Member
Have you had a chance to run the car with the new set up at the track yet? It's good to have someone with a similar car to test the mods.;-)

Went to the track couple weekends back made 3 passes. All on street tune 16* timing and 8lbs. boost shift points were set @ 6800.

1st pass wasnt sure how high i could stall the car so bootbraked it to 1500 rpm and car spun hard on the launch tried to pedal the car but it wouldnt hook.

2nd. pass left softer around 1200 car spun lil bit but out the hole and tires broke free again on 1-2 shift car ran 11.12 @123.94 W/1.61 60'

3rd pass left again around 1200 and car spun bad out the hole. Aborted pass. Track prep was horrible all nite and there was atleast 5 oil downs.

I have new set of M/T 10.5 x28s Slicks to try help with traction.

Turbosixx

Established Member
+1 for an Alkycontrol, Julio knows his stuff. He has an 8 sec Mustang running alky and pump gas.

I've been using alky for years on my turbo regals and and have gone 10.0's on pump gas with alky.

Last edited:

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
I love my snow perf kit.. Ive personally had multiple talks with matt snow. He says a 50/50 mix is the best, cooling/detonation prevention there is. I run 50/50 and ive seen 40-50* temp drops at WOT in the heat of the day. There stage 3 controller is bad ass and easy to use.

Users who are viewing this thread