Thinking of buying a 00 cobra R

Status
Not open for further replies.

MASH

Hey guys, I am thinking of getting a new cobra R, any of you regret buying your Rs, or wish you had got another car, like say a Z06, or even a 01 cobra and maybe supercharge it with the money you will save.
Any input or advice would be great, I love the way the R looks and cant think of wanting anything else right now, but just wanted some input from the guys that own them.
THANKS.

BRIMSTONE

Hello,

I have a 00 R and a 02 Z06. I love my Z, but if I had to choose one it would be the R. It is a very special car, the driving experience is something the Z cannot come close to. However they are both amazing cars and that's why I have both. The Z is much better for everyday driving. Like I said, the R is special.

Also keep in mind the Z will probably depreciate while the R appreciates. Maybe money's not the issue for you but it's another something to consider.

Mike

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by THEMASH

Hey guys, I am thinking of getting a new cobra R, any of you regret buying your Rs, or wish you had got another car, like say a Z06, or even a 01 cobra and maybe supercharge it with the money you will save.
Any input or advice would be great, I love the way the R looks and cant think of wanting anything else right now, but just wanted some input from the guys that own them.
THANKS.
As Mike indicated, the R is "special"! First, there are only 300 of these machines in the world, ensuring you of probably not seeing another one on the street very often. Second, it is a VERY fun car to drive, both on the street and on the track.

I see from your signature that you already own a pretty impressive stable of cars - and some very fast ones at that. The R will certainly not be as fast (at least in a straight line) as the ACR. But, I can tell you (as some others on this board who track their Rs) that the R is a BEAST on the track! It handles very well, and has plenty power to keep up with just about everything out there on a road race course.

Bottom line - the car is just plain fun to drive!! Every time I take it out on the street, I get mobbed everywhere I go. People just plain love the car and can't get enough of it. I took it out last night to show a friend of mine and we stopped at a local Starbuck's coffee shop for refreshments, and no sooner than I parked it - a mob of young guys approached me to look at the car. It is a MAGNET!

I don't own a Z06 like Mike does, but I have a friend who has one, and I can say (cause I've driven it) that this car is definitely fast and would be a better daily driver. However, from the looks of it, you are not necessarily looking for a daily driver?? I wasn't. I already have the M5 which is just about as perfect a car as they come! :D

I say go for it!! Get the R! You won't regret it!!

Last edited:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by BRIMSTONE
Hello,

I have a 00 R and a 02 Z06. I love my Z, but if I had to choose one it would be the R. It is a very special car, the driving experience is something the Z cannot come close to. However they are both amazing cars and that's why I have both. The Z is much better for everyday driving. Like I said, the R is special.

Also keep in mind the Z will probably depreciate while the R appreciates. Maybe money's not the issue for you but it's another something to consider.

Mike

Can't help you with the comparison with the Z06, but can tell you that my wife is gona have to pry the keys to my R out of my cold dead hands.

I wish you the best in whatever decision you make.

Brian

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R

Can't help you with the comparison with the Z06, but can tell you that my wife is gona have to pry the keys to my R out of my cold dead hands.

I wish you the best in whatever decision you make.

Brian

Hey Brian.

Long time no see. ;-) I'll just cut right to the chase. This person is trolling. He has already tried to cause hate and discontent in the L forums. The inuendo about the Z06 or SC'd 2001 Cobra is really transparent. Implying that the R is over priced or the Z06 is better. Which we all know is not the case. Don't be surprised when he gets abusive towards me, just know that he is a troll. ;-)

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE

Hey Brian.

Long time no see. ;-) I'll just cut right to the chase. This person is trolling. He has already tried to cause hate and discontent in the L forums. The inuendo about the Z06 or SC'd 2001 Cobra is really transparent. Implying that the R is over priced or the Z06 is better. Which we all know is not the case. Don't be surprised when he gets abusive towards me, just know that he is a troll. ;-)

Thanks buddy,
It looks as though he has gone and left us alone, so hopefully we won't have any trouble.

Brian

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I usually don't track people, but I've heard a few complaints about the L forums and his antics there. It would be a different story if he were going on factual data. He is placing most of his hopes,it would seem, on the fact that Dodge will build a viper powered Ram. When in fact Dodge execs have already stated that the production version will most likely get the 5.9 Magnum. In either case the truck is still a concept not yet slated for production, and he is livid about a theoretical truck beating the L's. I know childish quarreling right? ;-) Sorry to pollute your forum with this, just thought it might be needed info for you guys.

MASH

Originally posted by GR8WHITE
I usually don't track people, but I've heard a few complaints about the L forums and his antics there. It would be a different story if he were going on factual data. He is placing most of his hopes,it would seem, on the fact that Dodge will build a viper powered Ram. When in fact Dodge execs have already stated that the production version will most likely get the 5.9 Magnum. In either case the truck is still a concept not yet slated for production, and he is livid about a theoretical truck beating the L's. I know childish quarreling right? ;-) Sorry to pollute your forum with this, just thought it might be needed info for you guys.

You dont track people? you have a lot of free time is all i can say. This post has nothing to do with Ls, you dont even own an L.
And whats this about the production version having a 5.9, they have been making 5.9 rams for the past 6 years, why would they make a concept truck, then offer it with a 5.9 motor? you can go to your dodge dealer right now and buy a 5.9 ram u dumb ass.
Needed info?? man.....you need to get out more.

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member

THANKS.
Here is your chance Mr. MASH. R 4 Sale
Z06;s are a dime dozen. Whoopdeedoo for the 405HP, the second GM put a $2002 rebate on them..it dropped the value of every Z06 at least $3000. Only 399 R's were made. Chevy will build as many as people will buy (kind of like Doritos). Just saw an ad for a 2000 Z06 last week for $39,900 here in town,,no sale it's still available. Buy the R, it is designed for racing, the Z06 was put together in a hurry to compete with the R.

MASH

Re: Re: Thinking of buying a 00 cobra R

Originally posted by tommylightning

Only 399 R's were made.

399 R's ha, you really know a lot about mustangs. They only made 300 buddy, and i can get a new R for a lot cheaper then 60K.

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Thinking of buying a 00 cobra R

399 R's ha, you really know a lot about mustangs. They only made 300 buddy, and i can get a new R for a lot cheaper then 60K.
Oops my wife has the flu so I am typing in the dark. Correction 300 were made 296 originally released for sale at SVT dealers, 1 I sold to svtguy (thanks Paul). If you can get a brand new R for less than 60K (not hard to do) Go get it!!! What are you waiting for?

MASH

i am waiting for the GT-40. :D
i am actually trying to sell my mustang, if i do, i will get the R, if not, i will wait for the GT-40. so my SRT RAM will have something to pull. ;-)

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Why do people laugh whever someone pulls a Ford with a different vehicle.. Don't race teams usually match car makers. BTW better get your professional racing license...because you are going to need it to buy the GT40.

MASH

Originally posted by tommylightning
Why do people laugh whever someone pulls a Ford with a different vehicle.. Don't race teams usually match car makers. BTW better get your professional racing license...because you are going to need it to buy the GT40.

They wont laugh when they see a GT-40, i dont care whats pulling it.
i am not a race team dummby.
i already have a racing license. DOH!! , i know you need one for the Dodge comp coupe, but i dont think you will for the GT-40, it does not look like a full blown race car now does it? dummby.

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member

They wont laugh when they see a GT-40, i dont care whats pulling it.
i am not a race team dummby.
i already have a racing license. DOH!! , i know you need one for the Dodge comp coupe, but i dont think you will for the GT-40, it does not look like a full blown race car now does it? dummby.
50 will be produced first year and they are designed for LeMans road racing. Ford is going to have 2 factory backed cars at the 24 Hours of LeMans for the 2003 race. Don't worry about the supercharger...it may not be there when and if you take delivery. There a few motors on the shelf and available.

MASH

And you got all this "BS" info from..... ?
200 cars a year is what i heard, and they will have S/Cs. if not, what motor will they use?
As for Le mans, i dont know anything about that.

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Jim O'Connor...President...Ford Motor Company. Ford dealership national live broadcast 2/19/2002. They might build up to 100 for 2003. 2004 could be higher than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread