Thinking of selling 14 Shelby and buying 04 Cobra

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
If I had to sell either my terminator or the 19 GT350, it would be the 350.

Maybe it's because I've owned the terminator the longest of our cars. I may not drive it as much the last few years, but that doesn't mean I like it any less. Quite the opposite actually.
389adefac88d79a9419aee2f26cdba04.jpg
5c44338057bc0c375903caac91f984e3.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

noco5.0

Established Member
Haven't owned a Terminator but would like to. I did own a 14 GT500 and really haven't missed it. I kept my supercharged 13 Boss....which is the one car I can't bring myself to sell even though I don't drive it much

tporter67

Established Member
I think the best course of action is to befriend people with said cars you enjoy. That way you don't have to buy them. I'm keeping the 03 for as long as I can. I've got a close friend with a twin turbo Boss if I ever feel the desire for the s197 experience.

Bad Company

Established Member
My thoughts would be to keep the GT500 and do some serious suspension modifications that will make the car feel much lighter and smaller to drive. The rear would be all CorTex Racing with either CorTex Xtreme Grip K-Member & Lower Control Arm Package or the Maximum Motorsports K-Member with stock Lower Control Arms with Ford Performance Mustang Competition Bushing Kit. Depending on how raw you want the car to feel you have the option of running the CorTex rear axle set up with spherical bearings with their K-Member or you could opt for the CorTex Street version in the rear with the MM K-Member and the Ford Competition Bushing Kit.
I also would install the Ford lowering spring kit with an Eibach 36mm adjustable front sway bar with a stock rear bar

Either of these two ideas will make the car feel a lot lighter and much more precise in response to your steering inputs. The car will not push and feel heavy when driven into a corner hard as it comes from the factory. It will feel neutral. The rear CorTex Torque Arm will have more traction that the stock rear 3 link suspension and will not allow the Instant Center to change as the suspension goes through its range of motion helping you to retain traction for the ability to use the extra Hp the GT500 produces as you exit the corner.

The GT500 can be made to feel much smaller and lighter in a corner during aggressive driving with the proper modifications. How raw you want it to be depends on your decisions on which bearing or bushings you want to use to achieve the end result.

Users who are viewing this thread