Thinking of selling my 2002 GT

bobby_0081

Established Member
I have a 2002 Mineral Grey GT and it has 220,000 miles but everything has been replaced at some point.

Here's what I have done to the car and what is currently installed:
The engine has about 40K miles on it. Stock bottom end with TFS 38cc heads and TFS stage 2 cams.
Bullitt Intake
BBK Twin 65mm TB
BBK MAF
JLT cold air
Meziere Electric water pump
March under drive fluid dampener crank pulley
aluminum flywheel
t56 magnum
Precision Shaft Technologies Custom aluminum drive shaft
Mach 1 seats
Mach 1 rear axle with stock 3.55 gears and larger brakes than GT
Bullitt front calipers
DBA slotted kangaroo paw rotors
New Ford windshield cowl
Lizard Skin and boom mat throughout the entire interior
Sony 6.1 dvd with sat radio and BT hands free. Nav can also be added. Also has a back up camera
Stock Bullitt rims
BBK long tube ceramic headers
BBK short catted x-pipe
Flowmaster 40 series catback with Magnaflow 4" stainless angled and rolled tips
Smoked raxiom tail lamps, led bulb conversion, raxiom turn signal flasher, and sequential light kit
Raxiom smoked third brake light
MM coil overs on koni yellow adjustables with MM tubular control arms
MM caster camber plates
SR lowering springs in the rear
Steeda aluminum upper and lower rear control arms
SVE aluminum radiator
New Ford A/C compressor within last 5k miles, new accumulator, and condenser and two new a/c lines. A/C works great!
New heater hoses both are ford brand and have the correct quick connect fittings
Steeda short throw shifter handle on stock magnum 6 speed shifter.
Cobra shift knob
Redline goods leather shift boot
99 Cobra gauge cluster
Steeda bump steer kit
Innovate A/F gauge
2003 Cobra OEM hood
03-04 Cobra front bumper cover not OEM

Needs to be installed:
MM Tubular K member
MM rack bushing kit
MM steering shaft for Power steering
MM sway bar relocation for K member install
Redline goods leather e brake boot
New rack boots and new ford boot clamp kits.

Things wrong with the car.

Could use a paint job...
Needs new cobra chin spoiler
Needs new front bumper cover.

I will try and post some photos of the car today after I get home. The paint is a 6 out of 10 and the front bumper cover has a crack where some kid on my sons baseball team backed in to me last summer and I never have had the time to fix it. I am not sure I should sell it because I have a fortune in the car and I love it but...

I am just looking for some opinions. Do you think I might be able to find a trade at some point for a nice fox body? I would love a coupe that someone has put a Coyote into. It is my DD so I would need something reliable as a trade. What would be a reasonable asking price? Should I get a new bumper cover and have the car repainted before trying to see if I can get some bites on a trade. I would also like a PS diesel Ford truck with reasonable mileage but it's hard to trade a car that is this far done to someone who just see a loud Mustang and has no clue at how nice of a ride this thing is.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I don't know that I would have the car repainted entirely, as you may not recover the entire cost of repaint, but I would at the very least try to find a front bumper cover for cheap that is already the same color. You also may be able to get more by selling your parts that are not installed yet. You could find a fox body for trade fairly easily I think, I just can't promise on the quality of that fox body.

bobby_0081

Established Member
I know I will not get back every dollar I have in it but I was thinking if it was pretty than even with the mileage I would be able to see it easier. I have also thought of finding a low mileage gt and swapping a lot of my parts but people want too much for them so I would have to find one with a bad engine or one that someone was going to turn in to a race car but gave up on. Oh yeah my car also has mm full sub frame connectors and 34 lb ev6 injectors and the egr delted. It is a joy to drive and a trip to the dyno soon will hopefully end up with 350 or more at the rear tires.

Users who are viewing this thread