Thinking of selling the L!

NeverEndn

Established Member
Well lately i have been thinking of selling my 04 L, i dont know, i just havent had good luck with it, the dealer here is gay and i just dont know what to do. I dont really want to get rid of it, it runs awesome but, i was thinking about trading it in for a 04 Cobra, or maybe even an 07 GT500 but i dont know what i am going to do i think im just in one of those moods were you get so pissed off at something you just want to sell it and solve the problem , but chances are im going to keep it but if i dont what would you guys buy,an 04 Cobra or 07 Cobra. Just curious. This thread is kinda of pointless but im just bored and well mad at my truck lol!! well more at the dealer cause there idiots!

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
You said it runs great, so what haven't you had luck with? If it's just the dealer your having problems with and not your Lightning, find another dealer even if it's farther away. But if your minds set on selling your Lightning, i would find a good clean stock or lightly modded 04 Cobra. There's just something about the new GT500 i don't like.

TXRickC

Established Member
LightningMAS said:
GT500 is not coming into production.. plus the wheels on those are ugly...

It's fixing to begin production, on of our local dealerships got confirmation they will have one as soon as the 1st of May. (SVTAdvisor on her can vouch for this). Just gonna be VERY pricey compaired to the 03/04's.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
What's got you bummed out and thinking about selling the truck? A Cobra would be sweet, but don't sell unless you're sure it's something you want to do.

NeverEndn

Established Member
ya i know, i probably wont sell it , its just ive been through a lot of hassel with thing trying to figure out little problems with it. But if this dealer cant fix it then im going to try another dealer for a last chance kinda thing i love my truck but im just in one of those moods, also i havent drove the truck in almost a month its just been sitting and its killing me now that the days are getting nicer and longer. Ohwell hopefully everything works out but a Cobra would be sweet!!!

squirellracing

white lightning
Established Member
what little things are yhou looking to fix speak up alot of ppl here might have had those similar problems or possibly might know what you are talking about or need. i myself was a certified ford tech so i mean we cant help with out knowning some of the problems you are going through

NeverEndn

Established Member
i have already wrote a whole novel pratically on what problems im having and most of you guys have helped me out tremendously , but its the dealer thats giving me the hard time. They want me to cut my driveshaft shorter, because i have a leak in my tailshaft seal and there blaming it on my lowering, and now they say from the lowering i maid the driveshaft longer and it needs to be cut shorter in order to allow space for the seal, well in a nut shell i told them to go f#@k themselves. Thats one of the problems lol!!

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
I like the Ls better than the Cobras... I know the Cobras are better, no doubt about it, but there is something about beating someone in a pick-up truck.. and to see their faces when that blower whines..... *sigh* Priceless.

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
grimreefer said:
Cobra = fun :thumbsup:

Lightning = fun AND practicality. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dude, the L might be the least practical car in the history of all things. i love my L more than anything in the world but if there is anything the L is most definitely not, it is practical

fordtech5

whats your drive shaft angle befor the lowering and after? i would think that since you lowered it the shaft is now pretty straight (bad), and jaming in to the tailstock..(bad)

DarthLord

Established Member
Gotta tell ya, I just sold my Cobra for an L. It was a 99 Cobra, entire 03 makeover including the interior and dash, with a saleen kit and vortech. It was a monster for what it was. 400 RWHP. I also had a F150 04 Lariat that was my DD. So I needed another truck since my lease up, and decided to sell the stang ang get a L. I got an 04 with 7k miles for 25900k. Super clean. I have been having a blast man.. A lightning is the perfect balance of a truck and a stang.... Cant wait to start modifing it! Also, I think the 04's are holding there value since they are the "LAST" SVT TRUCK out there..

Users who are viewing this thread