thinking of trading in the 2011 mt6 for an auto

stang1971

Established Member
unless your braket racing for cash im calling your driving skills out, much like my typing haha
my driving sucks... but our track here in kc isnt the best either.. when it pulls a 1.60' it will go 12.40's... sat it was pulling 1.80's @ 12.60. but it was also 60's and a 20 mph wind too.. that wasnt helping the track build any heat in it. its not bracket racing here.. its a index heads up racing.
i run in the 12.50 class... i made it thru first round sat.. but not second.... missed 3rd :cuss::cuss: so i was the :loser: .

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
You are making the right move. Seriously, I never considered an auto before except for my built fox and now I got a sterling gray, auto and premium on order. I just got the vin yesterday and should be build next week. I can't wait to have it!! All I've seen is impressive stuff coming from the auto. When I test drove an auto I was so impressed that when my asked me which one I was going to pick I said AUTOMATIC!

Itsdafiveoh

Established Member
Those with the manuals, do your gears require force and/or clunk when going into gear? Or are they smooth as if you're at a dead stop?

Itsdafiveoh

Established Member
Mine are rough to engage and often clunk, trying to see if the general consensus is that it should be smooth or not. Dealer said the new 5.0 has a clunky transmission and its normal but I highly doubt that.

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
I had some sticking of the clutch until i removed the helper spring off the clutch peddle. Now i have no sticking and it shifts like butter i cannot be happier! 4,655 miles

AmnDucky

Established Member
I have 5600 miles on mine and I love the transmission. I'll spend $1500 on a Mcleod twin disk setup before I spend $4k getting into an auto. Then again, I drive on road tracks not race strips, where manual is still king.

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
4K loss!!!!!! For that kind of money you could of had Bob Glidden himself fix your clutch!!!! I think you just wanted an excuse to get an Auto and not feel guilty about dropping 4K. :D :D :D :D

GTtoSVT

Established Member
This is my 11th mustang and I decided to finally go AUTO as well. I didnt even test drive the stick:eek:

All of my other stangs were stick except one convertible that I eventally swapped in a 5 speed :D

I think I will be 100% happy once I get my tune done.

Enjoy the new GT man!

Brian

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
grinding 3rd when cold.

the autos are far faster than the manuals when they have gears. just facts of life

Users who are viewing this thread