Thinking of trading out....

Justin81

Established Member
I've been into the new Mopar and Hemi packed stuff for quite some time. I have a New R/T Charger and been through a few Hemi Rams. I chose my Mustang over the Challenger and it really was an easy choice. The Mustang is an amazing car with unbelievable potential. However, I'm beside myself with this new '15 Hellcat Challenger. To make matters worse, I'm not all that crazy about the '15 Mustang Body style. It's very Euro and Audi/BMW which is cool but not really my thing.

What are your thoughts, You guys think people will be dumping there Gt's and Gt500's for this car? I may be on the list for a Sublime Green with Satin Black Hood.

Justin81

Established Member
[video=youtube_share;dHkhCM6SXv8]http://youtu.be/dHkhCM6SXv8[/video]

[video=youtube_share;sMVl7FIZkz4]http://youtu.be/sMVl7FIZkz4[/video]

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
I love this car, I really do, but if I had to choose, Id buy a 13-14 gt500 before this car

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
i don't get all the hoopla around this Hellcat car.

its not wizardry, a blower on a 392 with the boost cranked up. other than a new interior, its the same crap since 09.

if you want 700BHP, spend 4k on a paxton. if you want more displacement and a roots blower buy ANY GT500 and do basic mods and make 707hp.

the shear size of the challenger is a turn off, i don't know how you can drive that think around and have fun with it. its like driving an F150, except an f150 is more maneuverable.

Angry50

Established Member
the hellcat is going to be a nice pavement pounding cruiser. still going to be the heaviest of the bunch. if I had 70k to burn id probable go for a 13-14 gt500 and put a few mods on it.

SuperFly03

Established Member

its not wizardry, a blower on a 392 with the boost cranked up. other than a new interior, its the same crap since 09.

if you want 700BHP, spend 4k on a paxton. if you want more displacement and a roots blower buy ANY GT500 and do basic mods and make 707hp.

the shear size of the challenger is a turn off, i don't know how you can drive that think around and have fun with it. its like driving an F150, except an f150 is more maneuverable.

It's only 8" longer than a Camaro ZL1, 9" longer than a GT500. 1/2" wider than a ZL1 and 2" wider than a GT500. The turning radius is 2/10ths of a ft shorter than a ZL1 and 1/2 a ft wider than a GT500.

I'm not saying I love them but saying it's like a F150 is just absurd. They are heavier no doubt but let's see when it hits the street.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
It's only 8" longer than a Camaro ZL1, 9" longer than a GT500. 1/2" wider than a ZL1 and 2" wider than a GT500. The turning radius is 2/10ths of a ft shorter than a ZL1 and 1/2 a ft wider than a GT500.

I'm not saying I love them but saying it's like a F150 is just absurd. They are heavier no doubt but let's see when it hits the street.

I think he means more of the fact it weighs pretty much as much as a truck. LOL

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
The Hellcat weighs 4500 pounds and cost 70k...? You can build a newer mustang that will run circles around that car almost half the money. I like the sleeper look myself. I bought a 14 to have last year of retro 60's fastback with 70 front. New 15 cannot get into. Its like new edge replayed to me. Jmo.

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
I drove an SRT8 Challenger a few years back on a small track/autocross. Nice car, plenty of grunt, but not nimble. If you compare it to the Camaro, the CAMARO seemed nimble and that is far from the truth.

It will be fast in a straight line, which is great but you are not going to go out and enjoy any types of twisties with the 600 extra lbs. Nice car, great engine, not a sports car. The Mustang IS a sports car, competing directly with the M3 right out of the box with an 11-14 GT.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I drove an SRT8 Challenger a few years back on a small track/autocross. Nice car, plenty of grunt, but not nimble. If you compare it to the Camaro, the CAMARO seemed nimble and that is far from the truth.

It will be fast in a straight line, which is great but you are not going to go out and enjoy any types of twisties with the 600 extra lbs. Nice car, great engine, not a sports car. The Mustang IS a sports car, competing directly with the M3 right out of the box with an 11-14 GT.

Ive been on this board for about two years. While there are a small handful of guys who track their cars, the overwhelming majority do the strip or roll racing. Nonetheless mostly straightline. So why when a heavier car is discussed does everyone talk about the track?

First off the internals are forged...so that's different than everything from '09, right?
707HP is from the factory, again with forged internals. If you mod a GT500 that's fine, you can mod the Hellcat too. If you are simply comparing factory to factory they are both great cars but its all about preference. F150 - LOL!

the hellcat is going to be a nice pavement pounding cruiser. still going to be the heaviest of the bunch. if I had 70k to burn id probable go for a 13-14 gt500 and put a few mods on it.
Too bad we don't know the price yet...$70k is a good guess. I was talking about it recently to someone who may get one and ADM came up. They may price it around GT500/ZL1 area but the dealers will tout this as the next great thing. Or possibly come off at $75k with ADM and price right out of the competition. who knows.

I for one like the Challenger look the best of all 3 throwback cars, its the most authentic IMHO. Time will tell how nimble it is or isn't. I'll be looking at this for '16 after all the bugs are worked out :)

Angry50

Established Member
I do like the looks of the challenger. but it seems to cost more for same performance. im a guy that can give up so things for performance.

13GT5.0

Established Member
Sick of challengers....see 10 of them each day to work. They are gettinng OLD in the looks dept. For 70k I would rather have a vette.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
LOL @ making a thread in a Mustang/Ford forum and expecting unbiased opinions. If you like the idea of it, get it! Do what you want. :beer:

curemystangitis

Professional Amateur
Established Member
I've been into the new Mopar and Hemi packed stuff for quite some time. I have a New R/T Charger and been through a few Hemi Rams. I chose my Mustang over the Challenger and it really was an easy choice. The Mustang is an amazing car with unbelievable potential. However, I'm beside myself with this new '15 Hellcat Challenger. To make matters worse, I'm not all that crazy about the '15 Mustang Body style. It's very Euro and Audi/BMW which is cool but not really my thing.

What are your thoughts, You guys think people will be dumping there Gt's and Gt500's for this car? I may be on the list for a Sublime Green with Satin Black Hood.

Yes, you should get one. Then you can go on HEMI/MOPAR forums and start worthless threads there instead.

01svtL

Established Member
Did I miss something, or did the $59K price tag on the Hellcat turn out to be bogus? I've seen 70 and 75k and "who knows" now in this thread, when they supposedly announced the price yesterday...

Users who are viewing this thread