Third party extended warranty scam?

o2gt

Established Member
I keep getting calls on all my cars about getting an extended warranty. They sound very shady to me. One wanted $2600 over the phone. I had a call last night they wanted me to do a payment plane on my old 2009 bullitt that world have been over $5k. I'm not going to purchase them. But wanted to see if anyone had dealings with these companies?

scott_0

Established Member
yup, they call my wife and I all the time, so damn annoying!

SHOdown220

Established Member
Oh yeah I have 5 letters on my table from those people all saying my warranty has expired on my 3 week old car and I need to immediately buy a warranty for it. Screw them I think I might call just to **** with em lol

Blackoyote

Established Member
You know they're shady when they send notifications in the mail that are made to look like official state documents that say you're to act immediatly...still get those from when I had my 2011 5.0.

o2gt

Established Member
They do seem relentless. I'm guessing they take people for lots of money.

Three21

Established Member
I asked them if they wanted to trade a warranty for some meth I was cooking. Havent had them call me in almost 5 months.
Damn, maybe I should try this. I tried ignoring/sending them to voicemail for a month or so. Now I've started telling them that the truck has been totaled or I no longer have it, but I'm still getting calls. ****ers are killing me..

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I told these asshats that the next time they called I would file a harassment suit. Haven't heard from them in weeks.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Funny story about these places, I took my mom's friends Ford 500 in a couple years ago to have one of our techs fix a misfire code. Turned out to be rats feasting on wires. Anyway about a month after I started getting letters to buy a warranty on the 500. Literally the only way they would know about this car in connection to me would be from my work selling my info. I asked the General Manager about it who flat out denied they sell customer's information. I showed him the connection and he seemed pretty pissed, but then joked if they are going to use customer's information they should cross it with the DMV.

Users who are viewing this thread