This engine really Sucks!!! Air that is

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I finally changed my oil the first time today at 1,000 miles and put in a replacement K&N filter. I used a K&N oil filter HP-2010 and Mobil1 10W30.

While I had the air filter off I started the car to see how it sounded because hammer said it sounded like a big balloon with a hole in it I believe. It really sounds cool, but I wanted to see what type of pressure it generated so I put my hand in front of the Mass Air nothing major at idle. I then hit the throttle with my other hand and the air pressure tried to take my hand off. This thing really sucks in air when it goes into boost. This stock air filter is ridiculously undersized IMO given how hard the air was being sucked in. If you haven't done this it was really an awakening for me how much air this thing wants. After this I feel we need to get an in the fender relocation kit, aka cold air induction kit, so we can fit the largest air filter we can on this beast.

:thumbsup:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I can believe it.. need a bigger throttle body, MAF and associated hardware to get the most from this car I think.. then have to get rid of the stock exhaust..

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by Blue2003Cobra
I can believe it.. need a bigger throttle body, MAF and associated hardware to get the most from this car I think.. then have to get rid of the stock exhaust..
From what I hear the stock exhaust is pretty restrictive.

SonicMike

Established Member
Hey Steve Snake Driver,
Glad to see you on this board. You're one of my favorites from the BON board. Every time someone started talking trash against an '03 Cobra, you'd set them straight.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread