Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Reminded me of my drinking days, coming home from the bar.........jk

Definetely got lucky.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
what happened? Looks like he passed out but knew something was up as he turned off his cruise seconds before veering off the road.

MFE

Established Member
what happened? Looks like he passed out but knew something was up as he turned off his cruise seconds before veering off the road.

He actually set or adjusted the cruise control, and then passed out due to low blood pressure (he says). Because the cruise was on, it stayed on power trying to maintain speed the whole time until he came to and hit the brakes. One of the scariest things I've seen in a long time.

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
Had this happen to a friend. He ran into a brick wall. Thank goodness he wasn't going too fast, and he only suffered minor injuries. Car was totaled though.

Very scary stuff.

Stateguy

Established Member
That felt like a scene from a million ways to die I was certain he was going to hit the telephone pole then he darted almost back into traffic.

Still amazed at how easily the stang plowed through the fence.

2001sleeper

Established Member
i doubt anybody would do that on purpose unless they were trying to die.

but the video rolling does cast a shadow on the event I suppose.

Rios302

Established Member
this ponies are not the ones you take on trials just saying. On the side note I am glad no one got hurt from this.

03'Darin

Established Member
Bottom left button on the cruise that he hit was the OFF button. Looked like he may have been falling sleep and turned the cruise off to be safe. Didn't help

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
He did get lucky. I have been that lucky: I fell asleep at the wheel, with the cruise control on, ran into the median between two sides of a freeway way out in the country. I woke up, truned off the cruise, and worked my way back onto the road, didn't even have any damage to the vehicle. Didn't have any trouble staying awake after that, either.

I had a nephew who wasn't that lucky. He had just got his nursing degree, had his whole life in front of him. One night he set the cruise control on his truck, on his way home, passed out and ran into a pillar of a bridge.

I still do not know why I was so lucky and my nephew, and so many others, were not.

Users who are viewing this thread