This is Bull##*T

StreetSnake

Established Member
This car is only a few weeks maybe less from production and they still cant announce a price. What kind of crap is going on. Anybody else feel this way? or is it just me. :mj:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
We all know the price will be released at the end of this month. No offense, but why start a pointless thread about something that's been beat to death in every other thread in this forum?

Yes, we all feel that way and everyone here has already expressed their frustrations with this car. With a little more patience we'll have all the info we need to decide if this car is worth our individual needs, and if it fits into our financial budget.

Again, no offense.

broeli

Established Member
I agree..it IS a bunch of bs. There is a reason behind it...probably because the price will be higher than previously projected. If it was going to be lower they'd announce it and snag even more potential sales/customers. They want to keep all the customers they can until the very end and not lose sales to other companies.

drmustang

Banned
Ford may be witholding the actual retail prices in an effort to inhibit price gouging by its retailers. This will not stop it entirely but does make a firm price difficult. It is very hard to believe that there are many individuals out there who have agreed to 10-15-20 grand over retail.
An ethicly challenged salesman would have you believe otherwise for obvious reasons.

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
drmustang said:
An ethicly challenged salesman would have you believe otherwise for obvious reasons.

got your crystal ball working over there or did you do an audit of how many deposits were taken already?

drmustang

Banned
Jackie Chan said:
got your crystal ball working over there or did you do an audit of how many deposits were taken already?

Yeah thats right Mr Car Salesman. The crystal ball that tells me how much to believe from guys who call Mustangs at $60,000, "affordable".

Jackie Chan

Established Member
:cry: please buddy, i dont think i can take you looking down your nose at me. you are such a quality person compared to any salesperson on this earth

john(loves hypocrites who put on the enlightened act only to stereotype a whole trade)

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
WHO CARES WHAT GAY DEALERS ARE SELLING FOR $$$$$$$$$$$ OVER
Lets talk about those that sell for msrp.
The car is not worth one penny over sticker, no car is.

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
StreetSnake said:
This car is only a few weeks maybe less from production and they still cant announce a price. What kind of crap is going on. Anybody else feel this way? or is it just me. :mj:

+1 :beer: Thats because Ford and Carol Shelby cant come to a final number on what shelby is going to get paid by putting his name on the car :burn:

I realy dont know ,except the car should be at 35k or less !!!

drmustang

Banned
Jackie Chan said:
:cry: please buddy, i dont think i can take you looking down your nose at me. you are such a quality person compared to any salesperson on this earth

john(loves hypocrites who put on the enlightened act only to stereotype a whole trade)

Why is there such a foul stereotype here. Could it be that many in your vocation find it necessary to incorporate lying into their marketing approach.

Jackie Chan

Established Member
drmustang said:
Why is there such a foul stereotype here. Could it be that many in your vocation find it necessary to incorporate lying into their marketing approach.

you will find more honest than dishonest in this business. the reality is the dishonesty generally isn't with the salespeople at all and lies with the old school, scum bag car guy upper management for the most part. you seem like a pretty bright guy, but when you generalize everyone in a certain trade, it contradicts my thoughts of you. but you have already made your mind up about the trade so whatev

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
chuckstang said:
WHO CARES WHAT GAY DEALERS ARE SELLING FOR $$$$$$$$$$$ OVER
Lets talk about those that sell for msrp.
The car is not worth one penny over sticker, no car is.

No car is worth MSRP, it's a resonable amount over production cost that counts.

Last edited:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
I can say this with certainty, after the hype has died and all the people that just had to have them right then are gone you are going to find a good number of them sitting on lots. This is saying that the dealers continue to mark them up as they have. My predictions is that by this time next year Ford will be wanting to get rid of the 07's so bad that they will start making really good deals on them. By then the 08's will have been unveiled and there is a possibility of the 08's looking even better.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
+ ford always had problems with the first runs. 96 cobra had cooling issues. 99 cobra needed a "fix". 03 cobras needed a re flash, head problems, vibrations, etc, etc. Some of those problems transferred to a few 04's , but not many. Care to wager what problems the 07 GT500 will have? Look at all of the time and money spent on developing the Ford GT, and they still left with leaky seals, and easily broken control arms.

Jackie Chan

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
and easily broken control arms.
werent the only control arms on two test mule cars that had the absolute shit beaten out of them? and none of the recalled cars showed the same problems?

Users who are viewing this thread