This is by far the most appalling thing I have seen to date regarding the GT500!

chuckstang

Established Member
http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6663&st=0

Check out this ongoing debate over at that other site StangsUnleashed where they all love the smell of their own farts

-This guy who started the thread works for a Ford dealer or is a manager(but I doubt it judging by his lack of intelligence), and is trying to scare buyers into thinking that a GT500 is worth "no less than $100k" and that the adm's will only get worse with time and they should buy his piece of crap GT500 CLONES!!!

Just like the O&A travelling virus, please send this guy a message telling him his business practices are not wanted by the mustang community just like we do not want to be Hennessey Screwed!

Rant off, but shit like that is just wrong. That site seriously has some issues for allowing dealers to spew crap like that.
Thanks Bruce for keeping this site honest and fun as well as educational :D

chuckstang

Established Member
I sent that guy a pm telling him his presence is not wanted in the Mustang hobby.
It was really appalling to read that thread on the other forum. I was enraged to say the least because many on that site believe his manipulative BS!
The GT500s are being held hostage by greedy dealers that have bought them from other dealers paying over msrp themselves. Boy these dealers are in a world of hurt once they realize 25k over is just not going to happen anymore, not even close.
Check out Bickford Ford (shelbyville.com) for some fun reading. They have about 25 cars and want 25k over on all of them!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Should I go destroy him about his lack of knowledge.....?

..... Nah, i have better things to do.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
the guy is only trying to make some money. Whats wrong with that. thats why people with money have money. They dont give 2 shits what people say.

well my thinking is that these shelbys gt500 arte sitting in some one drive-way,or in a garage. There not on the dealers lots too long collecting dust. There sold,. We'll see the finial production run/sales as soon as Ford builds the last 2007 Shelby Gt500. Then all owners will receive there certificate#,of the production run for 2007,then get ready for the 2008 production run. I think that 2008 will be the last run for the Shelby Gt500,unless Ford and Mr. Carol Shelby signs a new contract.Just my thoughts.

Crossss

Mad Torque Inc.
Established Member
Why are we still talking about the outrageous prices of GT500's and their high ADM's. Isn't there a sticky for this? This issue been beaten to death, resurrected and then beaten to death again. Now we're pulling ridiculous posts from other forums onto this one to complain? :nonono: Isn't there something more important we can be discussing? :shrug:

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
chuckstang said:
http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6663&st=0

Check out this ongoing debate over at that other site StangsUnleashed where they all love the smell of their own farts

-This guy who started the thread works for a Ford dealer or is a manager(but I doubt it judging by his lack of intelligence), and is trying to scare buyers into thinking that a GT500 is worth "no less than $100k" and that the adm's will only get worse with time and they should buy his piece of crap GT500 CLONES!!!

Just like the O&A travelling virus, please send this guy a message telling him his business practices are not wanted by the mustang community just like we do not want to be Hennessey Screwed!

Rant off, but shit like that is just wrong. That site seriously has some issues for allowing dealers to spew crap like that.
Thanks Bruce for keeping this site honest and fun as well as educational :D

Chuck, forget it man. That site is so ADM pro its sickening. I've gotten in a few heated discussions with people trying to tell them they over paid for their car. I've pretty much stopped posting over there because they are so full of it.

chuckstang

Established Member
03Terminator said:
Chuck, forget it man. That site is so ADM pro its sickening. I've gotten in a few heated discussions with people trying to tell them they over paid for their car. I've pretty much stopped posting over there because they are so full of it.

Ya I couldnt agree more, but why do Mustang enthusiasts right now have to be divided by something that is so cut and dry, ADMs.

And to the other commentors- I am sick of the ADM talk as well, but I just would like all the false information to stop, and I understand that when you go to the Stealerships it is expected but when I log on to an enthusiast site like that, I just think it should not be tolerated.
Corvetteforum is run very well in that regard that they do not put up with any lying/deception from supporting vendors and so is this website in that there are certain restrictions preventing those type of dealers from posting their BS here or we just drive them out like Hennessey :pepper:
Also to the person that said don't we have something better to talk about other than ADMs. My answer-No! Many of us enthusiasts still dont have a car and until we do, what do we have to talk about! :idea:

KMCBOSS

Established Member
Crossss said:
Why are we still talking about the outrageous prices of GT500's and their high ADM's. Isn't there a sticky for this? This issue been beaten to death, resurrected and then beaten to death again. Now we're pulling ridiculous posts from other forums onto this one to complain? :nonono: Isn't there something more important we can be discussing? :shrug:

Not for some folks. Almost makes me wish a Ford dealer would step up and offer some of these folks a Shelby at MSRP just to shut'em up.

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
As one of the very first people to join S/U, I gave up on the site and in particular the people populating it earlier this year.

And yes, I had a great discussions with a person who claimed a background in economic theory, and we all learned something. Then a bunch of twits joined up and treated the site like it was an IM for over 50's instead of a specific topic message board.

And the reality is some of those people have paid really OUTRAGEOUS ADM's (the 40k and up fools) and are so desperate to justify their foolishness that they will grasp at straws to create protective rationalization.

They will be a very small and insular group at any owners get togethers, and thats a shame because just 10 months ago it had the potential to be the best owner/enthusiast site for this car.

They led me to purchase another manufaturers car because of their Vette type attitude. I'm glad that SVTperf was here to keep me interested in the car and Ford( neee SVT) and make the hobby fun again.

Drive on gang, and use the thing as intended instead of getting into arguements about whether the keeping or tossing the radio antenna plastic makes for a more "authentic" experiance. And yes, that is a past real thread.

Users who are viewing this thread