This is enough to make you mad....

vickerw

Established Member
I just read this article & became extremely mad & aggravated.:fm:
These top executives should be held accountable for their actions! This is a perfect example on how the rich stay rich & the working man will never get ahead in this world. Now we have to pick up the tab for these people running these companies into the ground. People are losing their jobs left & right & we are bailing these slime balls out. :nonono:
& I just read yesterday that members of Congress are all getting a $4700.00 cost-of-living raise in January. The average Congressman already makes $169,000 a year & pay nothing for benefits. This raise they get will cost tax payers 2.5 million in 2009. Does anybody else see anything wrong with this crap??:cuss:

Study: As Banks Failed, Top Executives Earned $1.6B - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker

Last edited:

tistan

Established Member
Who are you pissed at. It shouldn't be the executives for doing business the way they always have. Other than stockholders in the company who else should they be held accountable to? It is their company. Why are they slime balls? You wouldn't make 2.5 million if you could. You should be pissed at congress for giving them the bailout. Without congress none of this would be possible.

vickerw

Established Member
Who are you pissed at. It shouldn't be the executives for doing business the way they always have. Other than stockholders in the company who else should they be held accountable to? It is their company. Why are they slime balls? You wouldn't make 2.5 million if you could. You should be pissed at congress for giving them the bailout. Without congress none of this would be possible.

Are you being for real??
They are slimeballs because they ran these company's into the ground, received hefty salaries, bonuses, perks etc. & then went to Congress on their private jet asking for a bailout that you & I will pay for. Congress really had no choice but to save them! They were trying to save jobs, peoples retirements, homes, the economy, etc.

tistan

Established Member
Are you being for real??
They are slimeballs because they ran these company's into the ground, received hefty salaries, bonuses, perks etc. & then went to Congress on their private jet asking for a bailout that you & I will pay for. Congress really had no choice but to save them! They were trying to save jobs, peoples retirements, homes, the economy, etc.

If they ran the companies into the ground then congress should have let the companies fail. A lot of times when a company fails there is someone in the company who starts a new company that is even better than the one that failed. Most people won't take the risk to go out and start their own company when they are comfortable and secure. Where in our constitution does it guarantee people a right to a job, or give the government the power to decide which companies are too big to go under? How is this freedom?

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
although it may sound cruel i agree with tistan in this case, the execs are doing what they do best, making money. ALothough it's not in the most commendable of ways, it's still business. People who have they're own businesses/companies here would understand. I also beleive it's the government's fault for bailing them out. They would've just done bankruptcy and re-opened under a new name, it's actually a really common practice in business. The bankruptcy is basically used to build more funds to start a new company with that's all. Yes those people will lose their jobs but they'll have a chance to get them back later.

Sucks but that's life, if you're dependant on someone else (in this case the execs) you're never actually stable even if you may feel like you are. It gives people a false sense of security. This is the reason we don't have more people going off and being entrenpeneurs cause they feel it's too unstable. Well, a corporate job doesn't look very stable to me either.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
It's not "their" companies. The companies belong to the stockholders, namely the majority stockholders. Usually those aren't the people running the business. Unfortunately, the people entrusted to run the auto companies haven't been completely ethical in the way company funds were used and the powers-that-be allowed it to happen. The employees that were counting on an ethical company for a job and the stockholders hoping the execs did what's best for the livelihood of the company lost out in the end. The big brass doesn't care though, because they made out like bandits and made enough money over the course of a career to ensure they'll never have to worry about money.

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
While it may technically belong to shareholder as well, if they're running things they think of it as their company. They think about making money for themselves. Unfortunatley that's how things work.

There's no blood in business is what i always say . . .

Users who are viewing this thread