this is gonna hurt.........

stubbs

Established Member
well guys i am sorry to say that the Lightning will be getting traded in this week. every since i bought it has been the weirdest thing, it seems that i have a never ending problem with this thing. two weeks and i bought it it got keyed at my work, in the summer some backed into it and scarped the whole back end of it so it looked like freddy kruger visted my truck, then in september my truck blew a head out of the spark plug and warranty wouldnt cover it so i just had the head rethreaded, got the truck back and $200 dollars later ship shape, then back in the end of november my little brother gets into an accident with and leaves with the bill of $1200 dollars because he didnt have the money for it, then this past week i get up early to take my g/f to surgery and my truck got broken into, i have pics of everything i will put them up in a little bit. but i mean i dont know what to do with this thing i love and hate it at the same time, so i am going to trade it in for a 2004 tahoe z71 keep that for a little bit until school is done and go find myself an 2003-2004 lightning. i just thought that i would rant a little bit. sorry that ill be leaving guys but ill lurk around for a little while so i wont be completly gone. i just want to say that you guys are great, full of knowledge and spread to everyone who needs it, i made some great friends here and hope to keep in touch with them for a while

this is the accident
DSCN0484.gif

DSCN0485.gif

the break in
Picture007.gif

Picture008.gif

Picture009.gif

the freddy kruger
DSCN0250.jpg

DSCN0100.jpg

jangocast

Established Member
man I feel for you...that is such a crappy situation. I hope you enjoy the tahoe but get I know you won't as much until you get your new lightning. Well good luck dude.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
can i have the nittos :p
dude that really sucks but i know what ya mean about loving and hateing at the same time. i have been there for a year

stubbs

Established Member
lightninmike said:
can i have the nittos :p
dude that really sucks but i know what ya mean about loving and hateing at the same time. i have been there for a year

i would of given you the nittos but i got rid of them because i toasted them real quick, but i guess thats what a lot of street racing does to you.

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
Damn man that sucks. You'll be fine, just ride it out and wait for another lightning! I don't think I could handle all what happened to you if it happend to me.

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
Dam!! us young gun chicago L owners are droppin like flys. Sorry to hear about everything that happened to your truck, man that thing looked awesome!! Hope ya get everything straightened out.

stubbs

Established Member
nates03L said:
Dam!! us young gun chicago L owners are droppin like flys. Sorry to hear about everything that happened to your truck, man that thing looked awesome!! Hope ya get everything straightened out.

i know hopefully if things work out right and i come across some more money i may keep it, but i kinda feel like PearlBlueL right now, if i decide to keep my truck i am going with a built block from modular speedworks, and gonna fix everything up and drive only when its nice out.............

i want to see your truck it looks good and when you do mods to it im here to help you out, ive pretty much done every bolt on to it and helped other people with theres, so just let me know.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
My god man I have some dark tint but that is like the plastic they put down to keep weeds from growing in your yard! I'm sorry to hear things haven't gotten good over time. My L has been come a weekend driver, heck I'd driven it 2 weekends last month

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Damn , that sucks man. I understand though too. It's good that you will stick around though, and that you want to get into another one later.

Good luck with everything!

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
i'm guessing your middle name isn't Lucky?????

sorry to hear bro. chit happens!

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
man i know exactly how you feel...its pretty much never ending with mine as well and im almost to that point. and about the exact same story you have. my gf hit something in the middle of the highway, and a week before that it was broken into. now its been running like shit so i have slowly been addressing those problems. as far as it getting broken into, thats about the shittiest feeling in the world to walk out to your pride and joy with a busted ass window. nothing you can do about it tho, some people are just like that, however worthless those people are, they will eventually get theirs. sorry to hear about all the misfortunes that you have had while owning your L. good luck with the tahoe!

assasyn

Established Member
Sorry to see a True Blue brother getting that. On the Freddy Kruger thing, some hit you and knew it.

stubbs

Established Member
Thanks guys, I know it sucks I love this truck but I think that I have to do whats right and just get rid of this thing, I want to finish school and I just more important things to deal with right now and having a money pit right now is not one of them.

They didnt steal anything out of it because there is nothing in there, hell I even have the stock radio and a discman for a cd player.

As far as the tint goes TucsonPred thats just what 5% limo tint does to you.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Hey TJ, what's the build number on the jinxed truck of yours? Please don't tell me that it's 013. LOL.
Just kidding, sorry to hear about the misfortunes you've had with the L. Hope things are better for you someday when you get another one.

stubbs

Established Member
nastynivek said:
Hey TJ, what's the build number on the jinxed truck of yours? Please don't tell me that it's 013. LOL.
Just kidding, sorry to hear about the misfortunes you've had with the L. Hope things are better for you someday when you get another one.

I wish I knew what the build number was. For all I know it could be 666.

Users who are viewing this thread