This. . .is. . . . .WEIRD

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
http://www.milaadesign.com/wizardy.html

I was trying this thing over and over last night and I don't know how it works. It was really starting to freak me out.

BTW - a ghost or monster does NOT pop up on the screen, I hate those things. This is something thats actually weird/cool.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
276SONIC03 said:
some things are just over my head..... but it was dead on 10 times in a row
lol, I know man, its pretty cool.

And I just figured out how it works. But I don't want to spoil it yet. . .lets see if anyone else tries it.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
928gtp said:
i did it and it was wrong. i picked number 22
Are you sure you added it up right? Your symbol should have been on number 18. If you picked 22, you add 2 + 2 = 4, then you take 4 and subtract that from 22 which would give you 18 :beer:

Try it again :beer:

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
if you look real quick after the sign comes on the screen you can see it repeat itself over and over again on multiples of 9. it is a numbers trick. it will always work its way out to be a some multiple of 9.

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
JKD COBRA said:
lol, I know man, its pretty cool.

And I just figured out how it works. But I don't want to spoil it yet. . .lets see if anyone else tries it.

yeah i got it now..didnt figure it out till about the third time but its there. to everyone else...just pay attention to the symbols and use basic math logic

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
4u 2 nv said:
yeah i got it now..didnt figure it out till about the third time but its there. to everyone else...just pay attention to the symbols and use basic math logic
Yep, you got it :beer:

Once you look at it, it turns out to be a pretty simple idea. But its still fun.

taronis

Banned
JKD COBRA said:
01 is not a two digit number.

Is 3.500000000 a ten digit number? No, its just 3.5.

the nul, though valueless, occupies a column.... 01 is a legitimate 2 digit representation of a 2 bit binary number one.....
the number you posted does indeed contain 10 digits... the decimal point simply indicates an order of magnitude.....
3.5 also is a 2 digit number....

the oversimplified parameters make allowance for all manner of variance....

for instance, what of the number FFox?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Of course in some instances (like writing code) 01 will take up two columns. But thats not what we are talking about here. We are just talking about a fun game. And in this game, a two digit numbers means anything from 10 to 99.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
wals9331 said:
Could be the lamest argument of all time :lol:
Which? Mine?

Whats more lame, saying that "01 doesn't work as a two digit number in this game" or actually trying to argue with someone over a silly website about what is and what is not a two digit number?

taronis

Banned
JKD COBRA said:
Which? Mine?

Whats more lame, saying that "01 doesn't work as a two digit number in this game" or actually trying to argue with someone over a silly website about what is and what is not a two digit number?

I'm just a retired engineer having fun.....

taronis

Banned
JKD COBRA said:
No problem with that.

well, then here is the whole answer:

In mathematics and computer science, a numerical digit is a symbol (a number symbol, e.g. "3" or "7") used in numerals (combinations of symbols, e.g. "37"), to represent numbers, (integers or real numbers) in positional numeral systems. The name "digit" comes from the fact that the 10 digits of the hands (the fingers and thumbs) correspond to the 10 symbols of the common base 10 number system, i.e. the decimal digits.

Examples:

the characters "0" through "9" in the decimal system
the characters "0" and "1" in the binary system
the characters "0"..."9", "A",...,"F" in the hexadecimal system
In a given number system, if the base is an integer, the number of needed digits, including zero, is always equal to the absolute value of the base.

Digits "place"
In the decimal system, digits in a number are given names based on their multiplier. For example, in the number 123.45:

the "1" is in the 100s place and so is the 100s digit,
the "2" is in the 10s place and so is the 10s digit,
the "3" is in the 1s place (sometimes called units place), and so is the 1s digit or units digit,
the "4" is in the 10ths place and so is the 10ths digit, and
the "5" is in the 100ths place and so is the 100ths digit.

Users who are viewing this thread