This is why cops shoot to kill when someone is charging with a knife

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Tough to watch, but this is exactly why they react the way they do. The attacker was actually stopped by an armed citizen. Unfortunately not in time for the officer. The “shoot them in the leg” folks probably have no idea how brutal and deadly a knife attack actually is.

Warning: if you are queasy with blood, you should pass this one up.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
That was brutal with the blood spewing.

I have seen some knife attacks videos that are extremely brutal. You literally loose blood pressure in a matter of seconds and then die. Point is never let someone get close with a knife.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
IMG_8624.gif

If you stop to think yer dead…go with instinct and trust your training

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I’d rather be shot than stabbed up…brutal

Been saying this for a long time and I think it is natural for most people like us all here to think about it because I hear it a lot from various people. It's like gun owners all share the same thought process and when it comes to a knife or sharp object, what goes in will come out. That's not the case with a bullet. We were taught the bulldog technique in MCMAP and just doing some basic drills with rubber knives you could stab someone in the chest probably 10-15 times in a matter of a few seconds and before they could even react to what you are doing, and it's so simple of a move.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Been saying this for a long time and I think it is natural for most people like us all here to think about it because I hear it a lot from various people. It's like gun owners all share the same thought process and when it comes to a knife or sharp object, what goes in will come out. That's not the case with a bullet. We were taught the bulldog technique in MCMAP and just doing some basic drills with rubber knives you could stab someone in the chest probably 10-15 times in a matter of a few seconds and before they could even react to what you are doing, and it's so simple of a move.
I know you and I along with many others here share the same thoughts on this… A knife in close quarters is a ****ing nightmare…

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Tough to watch, but this is exactly why they react the way they do. The attacker was actually stopped by an armed citizen. Unfortunately not in time for the officer. The “shoot them in the leg” folks probably have no idea how brutal and deadly a knife attack actually is.

Warning: if you are queasy with blood, you should pass this one up.

Did he die?

It says deadly attack, but it also says the attacker was shot and killed.

MG0h3

Established Member
Next town over from me.

Had a few bad ones over there in the last couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
One of the worst mistakes you can make is to bring a gun to knife fight. On top of that, a gun is stand-off weapon, the entire point of it is to stop the bad guy before he gets near you. Gonna be saying some prayers for the officer, and his family.

Users who are viewing this thread