This past weekend... Diesel vs the world

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
I went out to TX2K this past weekend and had an absolute blast, got a kill on the track and a few in Mexico...

Race 1: We waited forever for the Roll Race nationals to finish because they needed an hour to cool down. It made a crap ton of people angry... Anyway a guy with a (looked like) modded newer Harley-Davidson edition F150 wanted to run. It has the 6.2L out of the Raptor and I said sure, this should be close. The 6.2's put out a tad over 400hp and probably mid to high 3's in rwhp, as my 6.0 is probably mid 3's in hp. We all know I out torque him big time:rockon:. We roll up to the line and I brake boost up to around 15lbs in 4 high and not only did I tree the crap out of him, I ran a 1.9 60ft and pulled about two truck lengths out of the hole. Halfway down the track I was told he started to pull but the damage was done, I had my first kill with my 6.0! The sheer torque from a boosted 4wd launch is just crazy:rolling:. Run: 1.9 60ft, 9.4 in the 1/8th, and 14.9 in the 1/4th.

Race 2: 20 minutes later I line up with an Alpha 7 GTR. Video quality is even worse, I didn't bother posting it to Youtube. Of course everyone knows this outcome, he was done as I passed halfway down the track. I have never been walked so hard in my life, those GTR's are sheer monsters. In the video you see him launch and then you don't see him again.

Race 3: Modded VW GTI: I didn't quite get to brake boost built as we lined up way to quick, this was my slowest run because of a horrible 60ft of 2.5:fm:. He probably would have pulled the last half of the track, I wish I could have run him again and the outcome could have been a little different.

Last edited:

Joewee500

Established Member
Glad you had fun. Why only a 1.9 60' with a 15lbs boosted launch? I bet your trans is hating you. I had a 600whp 05 cummins that did 1.7s all day on 10lbs launches. That was with a Garmon built trans with billet shafts. Throw some more mods on that thing and roll coal.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
I was at 15 pounds my first run just because it was my first time on the strip with my 6.0 and I should have built up to 20lbs but didn't get the chance. The other two runs I didn't have time to build much boost. They say launch at 20lbs and you will run 1.7-1.8's. I alo have a 7500+ pound CCLB with toolbox and all. I was happy or my first time on track in my PSD. I will be getting an intake/custom tune/exhaust later on this year and I will hit the track again. My 6.0 is a tow vehicle, no major mods will be done, the quarter sure is fun though!

Users who are viewing this thread