THIS SICK COMBO (death to the L?)

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
I have a stock lightning with the exception of obx headers all the way to the tips.

I have a friend that has a LFP ported and polished eaton that he says is 15# of boost just bolting on. I would also like to apply a cog system with a 4# lower from dmr. http://www.dm-racing.net/cogged_gear_kit_eaton.htm i was wondering what I would need for this set up.

Can My Engine Hold This?
Do i need larger injectors?
What kind of programer do i need and who would program it?
Would i need an after market intake as well?

Thanks for the help.

by the way i have 92,000 miles on the stock motor.

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
even on a ported eaton you will not get 15lbs of boost without some kinda pully swap, does the blower already have a smaller pully on it?

with a 4 lber lower you should be fine on a stock block with a good tune.

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
so what is the psi from a LFP eaton the with no upper pully?

maybe i should go with a 6# lower the huh?

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
i just want to here the whine of the blower but with the headers i cant her anything but noise. I thought a cog would be nice to hear and impressive.

Scarpino

Established Member
if your looking for the whinning.

Ported Eaton, Filled silencer holes, 4# lower, idler set-up for any possible belt slippage

If it doesnt scream after that, I'd sell the truck!

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
ive tried to explain it but its not worth it...

ten rib FTW

yes but weve also discussed the difference between a 4+in wide gilmer belt and a 1.5-2in wide eaton belt :D
A harley davidson uses a very similar belt to the cog setup (hell i wouldnt be surprised if it is a HD belt) and everyone ive seen either snaps or strips the teeth off of it. I wouldnt worry about it at all :)

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
will i need and after market intake for this set up just a 6# lower with the polished and ported eaton with a sct3 programer?

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
yes but weve also discussed the difference between a 4+in wide gilmer belt and a 1.5-2in wide eaton belt :D
A harley davidson uses a very similar belt to the cog setup (hell i wouldnt be surprised if it is a HD belt) and everyone ive seen either snaps or strips the teeth off of it. I wouldnt worry about it at all :)

this is true it may... not enough testing done on this set up to say for sure.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
$1,000 for sound?
I'd save up another grand and get a used Kenne Bell 2.3 or Whipple. then you really will hear it, plus have performance gains on top of it.....

Kenne Bell 2.3 sound in cab
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfwXRWfR3yM"]YouTube - Lightning vs Viper[/ame]

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
okay so i was just informed that now with a 4# lower and 2.76 upper on a ported and polished eaton blower i will need to add another fuel pump! Can anyone tell me what else i need for this setup? This is what i decided to put on the "L".

Scarpino

Established Member
okay so i was just informed that now with a 4# lower and 2.76 upper on a ported and polished eaton blower i will need to add another fuel pump! Can anyone tell me what else i need for this setup? This is what i decided to put on the "L".

You will not need another fuel pump to run that combo.

I am running a 2.75 upper and a 4# lower (see my sig)

You will need a different size belt!

You also need to find a tuner and see what they use. That will determine what flasher you will need to buy.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
I recommended upgrading his pumps to 255s.

WIth 90k on his stockers.....good insurance to replace and why not upgrade while he is at it.

Users who are viewing this thread