This sound like a good deal?

Pitrack

Boost it
Established Member
Hey fellas. I have been wanting a cobra for so long, but I have come to the conclusion that I can't afford one. I have been trying to sell my truck outright but nobody wants it(go figure). If I could have sold it outright I would have enough money to buy a cobra but can't so I am stuck with trading it in. I can't find any cobras cheap enough at dealers to trade it in on(go figure again). Anywho, I believe I am going to trade my truck in on a lightning, hopefully this one: http://cars.com/go/search/detail.js...scending|S-_1_|X-popular|Z-68144&aff=national

My truck is a 2005 Dodge Ram SLT blah blah, I believe that the values are close to each other so hopefully an even trade. My question for you guys is if this looks like a good deal? It seems rather cheap to me for a 2003, but there are higher miles on it. The problem is I live in Omaha, NE, and this truck is near KC. So it is sort of far away from me to go look at whenever I feel like it. If I do end up going to look at the truck, what should I look for in particular? I mean I know the normal things to look at but anything in particular with the Lightnings? Do you guys think this truck has too many miles? I really want one of these trucks and the price is right for me so I don't know. Sory for the long post, thanks in advance guys.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Well I know I wont be putting the red tailights on my truck...look ghey imo. I paid 23, 120 for my 03 w/ just under 20k miles last month in showroom condition. If they come down cool, if not keep looking.

Pitrack

Boost it
Established Member
I actually like the look of the red tail lights. The thing is, if they do come down, they won't give me money back will they? Since I am trading it in. ya know?

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
i dunno, i think that it isnt that insane of a price, especially for a good condition '03, regardless of the miles...

about the tails, they are not a problem a few cans of VHT night shades cant solve.
Z06006.jpg

Pitrack

Boost it
Established Member
You guys don't think the miles are too high? And yes I agree with you Skippy, just tint the shit out of them haha. I mean as long as it's clean ya know?

203Cree

Established Member
If you're willing to come to KC for a truck, I might know of an 01 that's cheaper if you're interested. I'll get ahold of the guy and see if he's still got it.

Pitrack

Boost it
Established Member
Is it a DSG? actually I'm kinda in a pickle, I need to trade my truck in so it has to be a dealer:(

203Cree

Established Member
No. DSG was only offered in 03 and 04. It's not at a dealer either, so that kinda sucks, lol.

Actually, I just looked again at the price in your original link. That's a SCREAMING deal for an 03, even with the mileage. My 01 with the same mileage was only a grand less. The miles aren't that bad either. I'd go for that one. I just searched the KC area for L's and they're all more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread