This Took WAY Too Long! (Music Recording)

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I was bored today, so I decided to record Tchiakovsky's Concerto #1 using my Roland Fantom X88 keyboard and Garage Band. All of the music was done by me playing the keyboard. I downloaded the original score with all the parts, then played each instrument with the closest patch I could find on my keyboard. This means 15 different tracks, all being a different instrument or section.

It was tough, because I never realized the clarinet, french horn, and viola had different tunings, so I had to transpose these parts. This took me about 5 hours, and I'm about half-way done. I stopped in the middle before the tougher piano part, so I could give my brain a rest from all the memorization.

I still need to redo the melody in the strings, because I don't like the sound of the patch. Anyways, I had time free, so I wanted to give myself a challenge to keep my chops up. I'm going to try to finish it tonight.

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=uJ4l53

Last edited:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
If anyone wants some rock, I recorded all the parts of Beast and the Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold. I used a real guitar for the guitar parts, but no singing.

Users who are viewing this thread