This weekends mods!

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
Well you guys talked me into it. 4.10 gear going in this weekend, also completly rebuilding everything, including carbon fiber clutch pack, all bearings, Bruces delrin rear diff bushing (already have front aluminum) and getting the pinion angle set.

I changed my NOS silver fogger nozzle over to a NX shark nozzle and with smaller jets (from 72n 42f to 63n 33f) it hits much harder. I also rebuilt my super big shot solenoid with a teflon plunger.

It goes back on the dyno next Wed.

The sat after that, EBC black zinc slotted/cross drilled rotors, HAWK hps pads and stainless lines. Prothane sway bar bushings, mm urathane rack and front control arm bushings. Lastly Bruces adj rear sway bar end links.

I sold my fox because it was a money pit, I'm glad this car is not:D

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
What all did you order for the rebuilt of your rear end, I'm fixing to have 4.10s put in as well and want to make sure I'm getting all the proper bearings, install kits, etc to rebuilt the trac loc and rear end properly as my car has 116k miles so i figure if I do it I might as well replace all that stuff that wears out.

Thanks,

Adam

murked99cobra

Yeah...im slow
Established Member
Here you go sir. I did this a couple months ago and this is what i ordered. All parts were ordered on here from FORDSVTPARTS. I dont know if the prices have changed though.

m-4210-b $74.80 (kit with side bearings & races, pinion bearings & races, shims, pinion seal)
m-4413-a $17.60 stub shaft bearings and seals
m-4700-c $100.10 carbon fiber clutch packs
m-4209-g410a $132.00 4.10 gears

SVTPower97

she's broken :(
Established Member
i personally like the 4.30's way better...i switched out from the 4.10's to 4.30's last week...it isn't a huge difference when you just drive around or really that much honestly launching(at least on street tires) but where i feel a big difference is shifting second to third you don't drop as many rpms and it feels like it pulls harder in third and 4th gear for me

cobraracer46

Banned
I would not bother with servicing the stock diff that constantly burns out clutches when one can get a Eaton True trac diff that eliminates the need to constantly replace clutches.

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
I would not bother with servicing the stock diff that constantly burns out clutches when one can get a Eaton True trac diff that eliminates the need to constantly replace clutches.

I should know better to respond to your posts, but how about price, the carbon fiber rebuild kit (whick is good enough for every SVT car from 03 to present) is a only 100.00. The eaton is 5x that. On top of that the stock carbon fiber set does not "constantly burn out".

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
i personally like the 4.30's way better...i switched out from the 4.10's to 4.30's last week...it isn't a huge difference when you just drive around or really that much honestly launching(at least on street tires) but where i feel a big difference is shifting second to third you don't drop as many rpms and it feels like it pulls harder in third and 4th gear for me

I drive a good bit of interstate everyday to work, I'm getting a stroker forged bottom end with NAZ HCI and a BIG shot of gas within a year, so I figured the 4.10 might be a better option.

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
Cool. You'll like the gear and the bushings.

What are you expecting the slotted/cross-drilled rotors to do for you?

Not a damn thing, but they look so damn cool, and no I do not plan on RRing my car (I know they can be prone to cracking), I just love a nice suspension set up.

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
Cool. Just wanted to check that you knew what you were getting. :beer:

Even better news, they came today, they are EBC slotted and dimpled, not cross-drilled. I'll take a pic when I'm done, hopfully will look good against the black saleens and red brake calipers

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
MM rack bushings done, stainless lines done, rotors on. Still need to bleed the whole system.

While the car was down, I ran the wheels up to the tire shop and had some 265/40/18 pilot sport ps2's put on. I went up from 265/35/18's so the sidewalls would be closer in height.

Not bad at all tonight, the rack bushings were not bad and brakes were easy.

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
4.10 gears + 150 shot + good tune = a fast ass street car. It's about 100 today with the heat index and I pulled from 40-100 with 2 passengers in lets just say, way to fast, LOL. Great upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread