those of you with no iso's

mvr

Established Member
i have H&R Sport springs on my 01 gt. i am unhappy with the drop as the front has always appeared to be higher than the back. a friend installed the springs(over the summer) so i can only assume everything is correctly installed. right now the stock iso's are on the car with 75k. ive been wanting to just take the front iso's out, but my friends are telling me its not a good idea. or should i just buy new iso's and see if that makes a difference. so those of you with no iso's on your mustang please chime in on what you think. i am not made of money and cant justify spending more money on springs at the moment. ive measured it and its a even drop front to back. i want it to look slightly raked, right now it always looks like its squatting.

here are some pics, any comments welcome.
snow030sm.jpg

gears001sm.jpg

newbumper016sm.jpg

newbumper013sm.jpg

wwmost

Established Member
i think its the size of you wheels that cause it to look like that.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Are you sure he didn't put the rear springs in the front and the fronts in the back..?

IMO take the iso out of the front or get a pair of H&R SS to swap in the front..

Last edited:

drptitan

Established Member
My buddy has no ISO's on his, only in the front and it rides great with no noise. I agree the rims make a difference too.

DSC_0351.jpg

DSC_0343.jpg

mvr

Established Member
sometimes i do think its the rims that make it seem to squat. since the rear rim looks tucked in. i plan on getting 18in saleens down the road. my buddy has prokit with stock bullits and it has a slight rake to it. i guess im just a perfectionist lol.

SVTBMG

Banned
i am running the same springs with no iso in the back and only the top ones in the front. I get a lot of noise in the back. i will be putting the upper ones back in the rears.

SgtMike

Lurker
Established Member
I am running with no isos in the front, and only upper rear isos. I have H&R Super Sports though
I didn't notice anymore noise than I had with the stock springs.
03cobras026mz8.jpg

03cobras020og4.jpg

Last edited:

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
no iso's front or rear 245/4018s

DSCN1198.gif

l_049cf4886d4cb930d0f8dd16f4c076f4.gif

with no gas in the car the back sits up a bit
l_cad9cefa60513697dda6e930e7014960.gif

Last edited:

f2hatch

Established Member
i have h&r ss springs stock iso's maybe some one will trade springs with you looking to go up a little. you never know worth a shot
Picture016.jpg

Last edited:

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
H&R SS - no isos except one in the rear. No noiser than with 'em in.

office1.gif

Last edited:

mvr

Established Member
thanks for all the pics and input guys. i think im going to take the fronts off. should i do both top and bottom?

in 3 months i leave for the AF boot/tech anyway and my car will sit for the better part of a year. so if i dont like it i can do a full suspension with a new set of springs and iso's when its time to start modding again.

O4COBRA

Established Member
I ran the sports on the Cobra. I just took out the bottom ISO and left the top one in. I didn't have any noise at all with mine and thought the drop was perfect. I would leave the top one in atleast. That way you don't have metal to metal contact with the upper cup, seeing how it is mounted to the body and not easily replaceable. Atleast with the bottom one you can replace the control arm pretty easy.

To the others that have posted that the stock wheels are the issue with the way it sits, how is that??

src10.jpg

coby10.jpg

95_XB331

Established Member
If you get too low you're going to have to worry about bump steer, etc...

Therefore, since you're under the fenders, you want to go with X2 BJs + bumpsteer kit. They'll lower it 3/8" [in the front of course] and you can keep all the isos. Just when you need new BJs again, you'll need to get a new arm due to the slightly larger BJ diameter (for pressed fit). I run the X2s with bullitt springs (less drop), and full isos and my car is about a tad less than your pics: 2-7/8" tire to fender lip, rides much better too since the geometry didn't change much. If I took all isos off the front, I'd likely need rolled fenders. Taking 1 iso out should be good since the other will keep the spring from rotating--which is bad and likely the cause of noise...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread