Those w/ JRSC

KCFocusSVT

Established Member
I'm really considering picking up the JRSC for my SVTF here in the somewhat near future and I'm curious to know where you all got yours from and how much you got it for. I've found a few places on the net that I can get it from, but I'm a pretty anal person and I'm trying to find the best deal. Any help you can give to steer me in the right direction would be really appreciated. Thanks

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
I got mine through Summit on 5/01/03 for $2749 shipped. Then I needed to buy about $100 worth of tools. But tools are always handy anyway. I'm not sure if there are any other cheaper places. At least with Summit, you know they'll take good care of you during and after the sale. In my experience at least. Don't discount the Vortech, that thing is badaZZ. Maybe a few tuning issues, but the power is all there. Depends on what you're looking for. The JRSC is plenty for daily driving. I wish you luck in your decision, I know you'll make the right one. E-

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
I am having a crazy hard time trying to decide which one I want. Either way I go, I am not going to messed with FI until I get tuning in my area. There have been people that have been getting like over 250 whp with a Vortech and a tune and very little else. It is really what you want to do with it.

KCFocusSVT

Established Member
Well, I'm pretty certain I'm going to be going with the JRSC, mostly due to cost. I can pick one up for about $2650, and I have a shop around here that will install and tune for $500. I'd do the install myself but I live in an apartment and don't even own any tools :p I think with a few tweaks, a little chip tuning, and a few more mods my little SVTF will be tearing up the steets with the JRSC. Best part is, the people I'm looking at buying from are willing to finance me for it as well...I know..a little W.T. but I'm just itching for horsepower.

Any advice, tips, hints, anything you can give E would really be appreciated. I'm a little apprehensive about blowing the motor since I drive the car every day, but this is something I really wanna do.

Thanks guys!!!

FocusSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by elliot400
I got mine through Summit on 5/01/03 for $2749 shipped. Then I needed to buy about $100 worth of tools. But tools are always handy anyway. I'm not sure if there are any other cheaper places. At least with Summit, you know they'll take good care of you during and after the sale. In my experience at least. Don't discount the Vortech, that thing is badaZZ. Maybe a few tuning issues, but the power is all there. Depends on what you're looking for. The JRSC is plenty for daily driving. I wish you luck in your decision, I know you'll make the right one. E-

What special tools did you purchase? Did you buy the "power steering hose" what is the deal with this PS hose? People say if you bu it you don't have to cut the original?

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
I cut mine just for safety sake. Needed a large socket to loosen the oil cooler mount, and I had no good set of wrenches. KC, I have run lean/rich, winter/summer, 5lbs/6.5lbs boost, etc etc. This engine is just put together right. She still rips it up. When the predator comes out, and I can get it tuned properly here in Raleigh, I expect 215whp. Which is just fine for me. The Jackson is easy to install. And the boost is so low, you really couldn't blow your engine unless you really wanted to. The 30lb injectors should be enough for stock boost, but if you are gonna switch the pulley to say a 3.4 or smaller, you will want bigger injectors to go along when you get it installed and tuned. Rather than have a lean situation later on like I did. I'm not sure how you are tuning it, or where, but I have to wait for the Predator for my local guy(ChipMaster/Revolution) to tune it all properly for me on the dyno. Good luck! And have fun! E-

KCFocusSVT

Established Member
Ideally I'd like to run the 3.4" pully and also pick up the intercooler for the charger. I think also picking up the 42lb injectors are in my future as well. This is sort of the plan I have in place. Purchase the JRSC and the 3.4" pully, buy the intercooler, buy the injectors, buy 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, buy focus firepower ignition and new plugs. Once I get all of these items, I'll get them all installed at the same time. There is a shop here (MC Racing), that does all the aftermarket installs for the local ford dealers, and supposedly they have the means by which to program the chips on the SVTF, so I'll have them do all the work for me. My goal is to get this all done in the next 4 months or so.

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Sounds good. The spray type intercooler from Jackson might not be needed. With the right tune, you really shouldn't need it with 6.5lbs of boost(3.4"). If you are buying injectors anyway, go 55lb so you have more possibilities in the future. I wish I had. The ignition is good. Buy a set of cooler plugs, maybe 2 stages cooler(100hp over stock). Just in case. Sounds like a great plan. Try to dyno each mod and tell us how it goes. You should take tons of pics, and video, and sell it all to SportCompactCar. HA! With the right tune, you should be hitting the same power as me( minus the nitrous of course). Trust me, it turns this car into a real fun machine. Good luck with it all. We'll be rooting for you. E-

KCFocusSVT

Established Member
I've got a nice digital camera, I'll see if I can get some pics up of how it looks now (including engine and body mods) and then I'll see if I can get some as it starts to progress.....I'm pretty excited about all of this...didn't know I could afford these types of mods, but withsome creative budgeting I can!

BIGGESTJOHNSON

Established Member
Just finished the install on dyno test on a 04 SVTF. Not a bad kit, instructions seem to have been borrowed from procharger though :rollseyes . Not very straight forward and they make you do some things in a different order, but all in all not bad. Dyno'd at 210fwhp with a CAI and T-Body. Makes decent power up over 5000rpm but bottom end is alittle sluggish. The a/f down low is all in the 10's and doesnt come up to 11's untill around 5000 rpm. With a custom tune and ditching the gay JR fuel management you would likely pick up an additionall 30-40 ft/lbs and 15-25 fwhp down below 5000rpm. Drives nice though.

Users who are viewing this thread