Those who did a GT500 rear valance '13/'14

Justin81

Established Member
So I just received my dual tip exhaust with rear valance from American Muscle. The parts actually came from a ford dealer that is Local.

The valance is just in a box with no hardware, clips, instructions etc...

Does this sound right? I have read some of the install threads but I wasn't planning on improvising this thing on. :dw:

kornflake7

Established Member
should have some small clips that attach it from the inside of the bumper but other than that it's just cut, push clips then the clips keep it attached from the inside. Not much to it other than the valance

Justin81

Established Member
I found the install write up on AM's site. IT says nothing is included in the box accept the valance. I'd hate to have this car all apart and not have the clips needed for install.

Deespeed99

Established Member
I found the install write up on AM's site. IT says nothing is included in the box accept the valance. I'd hate to have this car all apart and not have the clips needed for install.

You should re-use all the factory clips...

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
google is your friend.

in all seriousness, you'll take your old bumper off, make your cuts, then create the slits that the new valence attaches through, use the two push pins to re-attach, and you're done.

zsommer79

Established Member
google is your friend.

in all seriousness, you'll take your old bumper off, make your cuts, then create the slits that the new valence attaches through, use the two push pins to re-attach, and you're done.

I put clips on the valance tabs that go through the slits in the bumper, maybe you don't have to have the clips but it was designed for them.

sleek98

Established Member
Unless you have a California Special or a boss then I dont think you will have the clips from the factory. Might want to give Autonation a call or go back to the dealer and have them order them.

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
you reuse your old clips except the two that connect under the spare tire area, those two you will break and need to replace............I just did mine last month

KG145.0

Established Member
Mine came with the clips to attach it.... after you put it through the slits you lock it in with the clips from behind so it doesnt slide out... kind of hard to explain without seeing

Users who are viewing this thread