Those with 3D Carbon GT500 Spoilers

RC-5.0

Established Member
Quick question.. I got mine prepainted, so the the foam tape was already applied to the underside. When I removed the stock spoiler, the was double sided sticky 3m tape all over the place. The tape on the spoiler though is only one sided.. Im guessing the not sticky part will just be pressed down against the trunk lid when you tighten the 4-10mm nuts? No worry about water leaking?:shrug:

Thanks
RC

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF MANY SECRETS
Established Member
I got mine prepainted from American Muscle. It had preapplied Red 3M double sided tape installed. After removing all of the factory left over tape from the trunk, I pulled the tape covers at 90* angles leaving small pieces exposed, installed the spoiler but leaving the bolts semi loose. Then removed the red 3M tape covers and fully installing the spoiler the rest of the way. Applying pressure all over the spoiler for 20 minutes before calling it good. Also, my tape on the spoiler did have overspray on it that made the tape look funny. Removing the red covered tape revealed it was the quality 3M tape. I also used the round foam over the bolt holes as well. You might want to double check the preinstalled tape to make sure it is in fact single side and not double sided 3M tape.
Mine has been good to go since Feb and no water leakage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread