Those with aftermarket seats

tr03cobra

Established Member
Those who have ditch the stock seats for aftermarket seats, how are the adjustability with them. I know the stock power seats you have a range of adjusting them up and down. Is there any adjustability of moving it up and down or they just sit low and deep. The reason I ask is that i'm only 5,6. I sat in my one of my friend supra and the seat were deep, I think the top of my head was at the level of the steering wheel ...lol. I don't wanna look like i'm sitting in a babyseat.

Thanks for any imput

YoungJim

Established Member
The seat-to-everything position is a matter of the brackets; if the ones they come with are no good then you could get some different ones put together. I gotta say, good point, I'm about the same height and I've got some seats on my (long & expensive) list.

tr03cobra

Established Member
ViciousJay said:
whiners :p ... id kill to be able to sit lower... my knees hit the steering wheel

yeah.. i was thinkin about the leg mod, add maybe a inch and half. I would look awesome, long legs with a short body.:rockon:

WDW MKR

Established Member
You're never going to sit super low in these cars with slider bracket. I wouldn't worry about that. Still, some aftermarket brackets will sit lower. Mine are just enough to notice. First time I've ever been able to put the steering wheel where I want it without having to take an angled stab at the clutch!

Now, fixed seats can reduce bracket height by another 1-3", depending on what slider bracket you are using for comparison.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Just an FYI... When removing the stock seats, make sure to look underneath the car to see if you have nuts on the seat bolts. I'm not sure if they are stock but I had them and broke a seat bolt while unscrewing it from the top. If you have the nuts, remove them first before unscrewing the bolts.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Lyle, it's because of the subframe connectors. The FLSC seat brackets tie into the stock rear seat bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread