Those with AFX Widebands....

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Where are you guys mounting yours? The box/gauge is much larger than I thought, and I like keeping the interior simple and factory looking. I was thinking about mounting it using the supplied velcro on the drivers side dash near the pedals by the shifter bezel. It would be out the way so it's not noticeable but I could still glance at it while driving, and could reach it to pull it up when I when I wanted to really concentrate on it. What about you guys? :shrug:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Where are you guys mounting yours?
I actually mounted it right under the dash on the left in front of the fuse/relay box. The display is barely viewable but I didn't want those huge red numbers in my face all the time. I also ran the 0-5V output to my Aeroforce gauge and that is primarily where I monitor unit's A/F reading.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I actually mounted it right under the dash on the left in front of the fuse/relay box. The display is barely viewable but I didn't want those huge red numbers in my face all the time. I also ran the 0-5V output to my Aeroforce gauge and that is primarily where I monitor unit's A/F reading.

I've thought about running it to my Aeroforce but I still have to hook up the oil pressure and boost sensors so that won't leave room for the wideband. But it would be awefully convenient to have it on there.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Thats what I was planning to do. Just got it the other day. Hide the AFX display and run it to my Aeroforce.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Why boost sensor, does the stocker not have enough range?

The stocker is only a 2bar so its range it supposed to be about 15psi, but I have seen it hit 16psi on the Aeroforce right along with my stock gauge and overlay. I only see about 16psi peak boost which is fine for the overlay but I might switch to a 2.80/6lb lower combo which should put me about 16.5-17psi which is more than my stock gauge w/ overlay can read. But the more I think about it I'm going to wire it to my Aeroforce along with the oil pressure sensor and just sell the 3bar sensor as I really don't need it right now. AFR and oil pressure are more important to me than seeing if I'm getting the correct peak boost.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah that's what I would do because I bet the stock analog gauge will still be able to display the additional boost. I think it's most important to be able to see where you hit peak boost and how much boost drop off you're seeing.

I wonder if there is a higher range MAP sensor that would be a drop in replacement for the OBDII sensor :idea:

Users who are viewing this thread