Those with Centri Blowers on Built Bottom Ends

uofipilot

Established Member
If you wouldn't mind, post up the info on your setup (bottom end, CR, what blower, cams, etc) as well as number (dyno graphs would be awesome).

Some of you might remember a thread a while back where I was weighing the pros and cons of centri vs. positive displacement for my engine build. I'm starting to look at centris a bit more. My car has always been a 'do what I can when I have the money'. I'd kinda like to keep it that way, so I'm thinking that I might just build it and boost it too the moon. How much boost can you pull out of an intercooled Vortech or Procharger? I'm thinking I might do an F1, but if I can get enough out of a 'normal' centri, maybe I won't have to?

I dont know....lost and can't make up my mind as per usual.

Thanks.

95SC

Banned
My brothers car

flat top pistons
non I/C s-trim at 12 lbs
meth injection
stock heads
stock Mark VIII cams [less agresive then Cobra cams]
short runner Cobra intake manifold

trapping 128 mph so it has to be making 500+ rwhp through auto ,runs strong as ****

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyqZ2M1JVdA"]YouTube - 2 brothers ,2 sick supercharged 4V cars running each other [Kenne Bell vs Vortech][/ame]

Last edited:

Boss 327

All Motor
Established Member
My brothers car

flat top pistons
non I/C s-trim at 12 lbs
meth injection
stock heads
stock Mark VIII cams [less agresive then Cobra cams]
short runner Cobra intake manifold

trapping 128 mph so it has to be making 500+ rwhp through auto ,runs strong as ****

do you know what his cr is?

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
If you wouldn't mind, post up the info on your setup (bottom end, CR, what blower, cams, etc) as well as number (dyno graphs would be awesome).

Some of you might remember a thread a while back where I was weighing the pros and cons of centri vs. positive displacement for my engine build. I'm starting to look at centris a bit more. My car has always been a 'do what I can when I have the money'. I'd kinda like to keep it that way, so I'm thinking that I might just build it and boost it too the moon. How much boost can you pull out of an intercooled Vortech or Procharger? I'm thinking I might do an F1, but if I can get enough out of a 'normal' centri, maybe I won't have to?

Thanks.

what are your goals? how much power are you wanting to make? to you want a fun street car, or something that will get down the track?

It involves a bunch more than building the motor and throwing on one of the bigger blowers. you are gonna need a beefy fuel system and a good drovetrain behind the motor as well.

My94GT

Established Member
what are your goals? how much power are you wanting to make? to you want a fun street car, or something that will get down the track?

It involves a bunch more than building the motor and throwing on one of the bigger blowers. you are gonna need a beefy fuel system and a good drovetrain behind the motor as well.

i gotta agree with this. what are the real goals for the car???

sc98cbra

Established Member
8.5:1 CR Built by Underground performance in Charlotte, NC
Ported, 3 angle valve job on the heads
Vortech with After Cooler
15#'s
++++ Many more mods.
Runs 11.4x at 112MPH in the 1/4th on Drag radials,
Runs 12.2x at 116.5 in the 1/4th on Shitto 555 Street tires

Runs 7.4x at 93MPH in the 1/8th on Drag radials,
Runs 7.9x at 89 MPH in the 1/8th on Shitto 555 Street tires

My set-up throws 535HP to the tire.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FHUidofIWg"]YouTube - Stevos Blue Devil[/ame]

Personally, centri's don't feel as good as the eaton on a almost stockish 04 cobra. I'm trying to get back in a PD blower car.

Last edited:

96S/Cobra

Established Member
^....the mph in the 1/4 seems a bit off to me (you said 112mph on dr's), especially for making 535 at the wheels.

My car trapped 113 with only 325 rwhp on street tires.

Something just doesn't seem quite right with you running 112 mph with an 11.4 and 535 rwhp. (I'm not trying to sound ignorant, I'm just curious)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Built longblock by Modular performance.
04 Cobra heads with Crower valvetrain, 04 Cobra cams
Billet I beams pro series rods.
Diamond pistons for 9.1 CR.
Vortech T-trim
Aftercooled
15#s of boost
Street tune 550rwhp 477rwtq
Race tune 6xx 5xx..
All on 15 #s.
Rest of mods in sig..

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

Thanks.

Well that depends on the head unit. A P1SC wont be able to produce as much boost as an F1C. CFM is also really important when considering your build. You can make more power with the bigger blows not just because they produce more boost but because they flow more CFM. When you port the heads, intake, and add blower cams you make the engine more efficient and it flows more CFM. From there you will want a blower that can flow enough CFM to keep up with your engine.

For 400-500rwhp a P1SC will do fine.

For 500-600rwhp a D1SC will do fine, and even go a little beyond 600rwhp with the right combination.

For 600-800rwhp a F1A-F1R will get you there, and maybe a little beyond 800rwhp with the right combination.

For 800-1000rwhp the F2M is the way to go. I think if I saw a set up like this in real life my head would explode!:bowdown:

Compression depends on you, although I personally wont go below 9.5.1 with a centri, and when I rebuild I'm going for stock compression, 9.85.1 or maybe even 10.1.1. I'm not looking to run 25psi, 14-16 at most with pump gas. The higher CR will help with low and mid range power thus making it a more street friendly vehicle.

So like others have asked, what is your goal for your car?

uofipilot

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. As far as the rest of the drivetrain goes, I'm aware. Im looking at a built rear with 31s and an 03/04 diff. Gonna rock the t45 till it goes, then I'll figure that out. Looking at walbro 255 pump with areoortive rails, still thinking about injectors.

As far as plans for the car, it will be a steet/track warrior. Now that I finally graduated and have a job and a new dd, this has moved to "toy" status. I originally was leaning towards a complete 03/04 swap, but I kind of want to keep my motor as it...just make it better. I;m kind of attached to it. Call id dumb, call it gay, whatever.

I'd like to have a mean street car that will run 10's in the quarter. Seeing as how it will be mainly a street car, I was going to do a pd. However, a pd car with enough power to run 10s will be a handful (read: basically useless) on the street. A centri with 3.73s or 4.10s with enough power to run 10s would be far more manageable on the street and would haul balls when needed.

Like I said before, I'm lost. I wish I had enough coin to get one of each.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
My old setup:

9.2:1 compression, manley pistons/rods
SHM stage 2 cams, upgraded valvetrain
Mildly ported heads and intake
Vortech T-trim w/3.1" pulley and 10% overdrive crank pulley making 16 psi
Custom front mount intercooler, AIS meth injection for safety (not tuned for meth)
Bassani midlengths, catted X and catback

570whp, 474 lb-ft tq

New setup is in my sig. Same boost configuration but the new engine is a 5.0L Livernois stroker, stock heads with the FR500 cam kit. Also went back to stock manifolds. Can't wait to get it running.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread