Those with H&R Race springs; a favor needed please

Todd03Blown

Established Member
If you have installed the H&R race springs please post your ground to center of fender lip measurements please. Let me know if you installed the urethane isolators front/rear as well. thanks for taking the time to do this little task:beer:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I would like to know too. My car is about 27 inches even in the back and I wonder how that compares to the stock height. Thinking of adding H&R's in the rear and keeping the BBK's up front.

TRBO VNM

while were at it, can someone post stock height measurements for front and rear and where they measured? I forgot to measure mine and just installed the eibach pro kit.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
ask and you shall receive.

Stock measurements:
Driver side front: 27 3/16"
Driver side rear: 28 3/16"
Passenger side front: 27 1/4"
Passenger side rear: 28 1/8"

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I installed my H&R Race Springs last weekend as well. I aligned them in the stock orientation and used new Upper and Lower Urathane Spring Isolators from MM.

My ride height is almost perfectly even from side to side. (Check Your Tire Pressures Before Measuring)

I didn't get as much of a drop (Maybe 1/2" sofar) as I thought , but I've heard that it takes a while for the springs to settle. I'm ok with it the way it is, I wasn't looking to drop it so far I would be constantly scraping things. MM told me that by rotating the springs in the perch I could dial the ride down some though.

I'll have to say that the handling and ride characteristics are much improved with these H&R Race Springs and the other KB Components I installed. Wow! it's nice, like a different car. Tight!

TRBO VNM

MM told me that by rotating the springs in the perch I could dial the ride down some though.
[/B]

yeah but for the fronts I wouldn't bother with those because the perch clearly shows where the spring is suppose to sit. The rears I wasn't sure and it didn't look like rotating them would do much of anything. It seemed all pretty level there and not much of any adjusting available. Plus in the rear with the new springs they are a thicker coil and want to rub the inner part of the wheel well up top, but I bent the metal out so they wouldn't rub. If you rotate them, they will rub even more.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I didn't say I did it, I'm just telling you what MM told me. I didn't see how you could rotate the fronts either, maybe I misunderstood.

I set my fronts the way they are suppose to sit, and the rears with the end of the coil on the bottom of the spring in towards the differential.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrablack
stock??

99Cobrablack; yes that is the stock ride height measurements. The 03-04's sit alot lower stock than the 01's did at least comparing it to my 01 vert.

97Snake1668

Amazon Racing-None Better
Established Member
I have some pictures of the actuall measurements before and after the spring install. If someone wants to host them let me know.

Kris

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
The fronts go in only one way, and for the rear springs the pigtail on the bottom of both rear springs should point towards the drivers side.

Users who are viewing this thread