Those with Kenny Brown springs, question...

DitchTehFish

Established Member
I just had the springs installed yesterday. Before the springs, I could fit 3 fingers in the front and 4 fingers in the rear. Now, I can fit 2 fingers in the front and 3 fingers in the rear. Will the springs settle any lower? If so, how long?

Thanks...

93KingCobra

Established Member
I never had these spring before but almost all springs will settle after a couple hundred miles..

Post some pics when you get a chance...

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
Measure from the ground to the lip of the fenderwell and let us know what that is. The finger method went away when they invented rulers. It should be around 27-28 in. With mine most of the drop came right away.

DitchTehFish

Established Member
evans03c said:
Measure from the ground to the lip of the fenderwell and let us know what that is. The finger method went away when they invented rulers. It should be around 27-28 in. With mine most of the drop came right away.
I was to lasy to do all the measuring last night, I'll do it today. Is it 27-28 after the settling(both front and rear)?

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
Here's what I saw right after I did mine:
RF 27-7/8
LF 27-3/4
RR 28-11/16
LR 28-9/16

Every time I measure I get +/- 1/8 in. This is with all stock isolators and no spacers. It looks perfect to me. Post a pic. when you are done.

DitchTehFish

Established Member
evans03c said:
Here's what I saw right after I did mine:
RF 27-7/8
LF 27-3/4
RR 28-11/16
LR 28-9/16

Every time I measure I get +/- 1/8 in. This is with all stock isolators and no spacers. It looks perfect to me. Post a pic. when you are done.
Hmmmm, I got different measurements. This is after a 35 mile drive home after the install and on an empty tank of gas. All stock isolators and no spacers. LF ~26.50" LR ~27.75". Pretty much the same on the other side. Since I don't have stock tires or wheels, can that make a difference in ride height(I wouldn't think so)?

P.S. I grabbed one of the last few sets from rpmoutlet.com a few weeks back.

Last edited:

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
wow, you're pretty low. I forgot to mention that I am running 18in. wheels.
Do you think yours is too low? You can use the spacers to fine tune I guess.

DitchTehFish

Established Member
Evans, I just noticed you have a convertible, I know that makes a difference. No, I don't think it's to low, I like it. The measurements are pretty consistent with the other side, so I know they're installed correctly. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
wow, I just went and took measurements again. The numbers I posted above were taken right after install about 6 months ago. Now I am at
27 +/- 1/8 in. all the way around. Perfect stanc IMO.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Mine is 27 3/4 in rear and 26 1/2 in front. But remember I have the Nitto drag radials in the rear and they are a little taller.

DitchTehFish

Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
Mine is 27 3/4 in rear and 26 1/2 in front. But remember I have the Nitto drag radials in the rear and they are a little taller.
Those are my exact measurements on the drivers side, the passengers side is ever so slighty lower. I just had them installed yesterday. How long have yours been installed? I love em!!!! Great ride quality too! :thumbsup:

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
DitchTehFish said:
Those are my exact measurements on the drivers side, the passengers side is ever so slighty lower. I just had them installed yesterday. How long have yours been installed? I love em!!!! Great ride quality too! :thumbsup:

Since May I think. I wish I would have done them earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread