Those with MM Coil overs

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
I called and talked to a rep about what I wanted out of my setup and just seeing if anyone else is running the same thing and how the ride is. I told him I wanted to go low with it, but also have decent ride quality and good over all for everything suspension setup. Everything came today and I want a little bit of input before I actually install them in case I should swap anything out.

MM Bilstein race strut MM2
MM Bilstein Race shock MM2
600 and 425# springs

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Your spring rates are higher than what I use. I run 375/575 with MM S1 Bilsteins for open track and street duty and find the ride to be firmer than stock but still good enough for everyday use.

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
I told him I was going to go pretty low with it, I also said I can't have too harsh of a ride because I do have a bad back. Hopefully it's not terrible :/

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
If you're feeling adventurous, I swear the FTBR delrin IRS kit made my ride smoother. Even my chick noticed, which is SHOCKING.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
MM2 dampers are way too stiff for what you want, and too stiff for the spring rates, which are the most you wanna go on the street. The sport dampers still fall under those spring rates and it's the same set up I have on my 01.

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
Damn thats what he originally was going to send me but at the last minute he said he wanted to go with the 2s and should be the perfect Combo

Nolimit

Established Member
thats what sucks about talking to reps each one has their own opinion and taste.....just out of curiosity; these spring rates are they considered good for just street use or can they be adjusted to suide also drag strip and road couse?

snakeraper11b

Established Member
thats what sucks about talking to reps each one has their own opinion and taste.....just out of curiosity; these spring rates are they considered good for just street use or can they be adjusted to suide also drag strip and road couse?

Email MM and ask what dampers they suggest for those rates and your desired used. 10/10 times they are going to say sport dampers. Who know what that other reps motivation is for trying to peddle those MM2 dampers.

Those rates can be used on the street and OT. A dedicated race car would benefit from higher rates most likely and would need to be combined with the race dampers. A strip car would benefit from softer springs and matching dampers to aid in weight transfer for the launch.

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
I told him I wanted a setup that would be good for street driving some auto x and the strip. So should I trade those dampers off for the sports?

Nolimit

Established Member
I'm with this guy ^^^^^ I mean I know it's either absolute greatness in one department and forget about the rest, but my cobra will need to be more well rounded and it wish to make it excel in each category. I would hunt for a set up where I can have a wide range adjustability. But that's why I thought coil overs were the way to go.

Bigggy

Established Member
Forget ride quality with MM2...I bought the car with those and me I don't intend to go the strip nor the rack..so for the street its too much.

Users who are viewing this thread