Those with Saleen wings on their Cobras help a brother out!

87FOXGT

Established Member
Those with ANY AFTERMARKET wings on their Cobras help a brother out!

Ok guys, i just got my vert, and the stock wing has gotta go :kaboom:

Back when i had my 87 GT on the road, i had the saleen wing, and absolutely loved it, but now it seems that saleen has a few different styles of 281 and 351 wings for the 99 and ups. I just cant decide which wing to friggin get, so im begging any of you with some pics of your salen wing on your ride, to post them up, and also pleaseeeeee post where you got your wing from, so i can do some searching!

Thanks a TON in advance to anyone that helps me pimp my ride :rockon:

Lets see what ya got and where ya got it from!!! :beer:

Last edited:

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
here are some pics direct from saleen:
281 wing----
saleen281.bmp

351 wing----
saleen351.bmp

another 281 pic----
saleen1.bmp

Last edited:

87FOXGT

Established Member
thanks vanride, ive seen those on their site and that helps. i was hoping some of the guys on here that have em on their cars might post some higher res pics, cause i caant decide if i want the 3 pc saleen wing, the one u posted up, or the 351 wing. ahh decisions decisions!

87FOXGT

Established Member
sweet thanks topless, i really do like the 3 pc, i might end up getting that, but i may consider the 1pc 281, or the 351 yet, just gotta dig up more pics. thanks a ton for the help though!

umustdv8

Established Member
FYI. The 3 piece is a pain to paint and install, but looks awesome once you're done.

87FOXGT

Established Member
Originally posted by umustdv8
FYI. The 3 piece is a pain to paint and install, but looks awesome once you're done.

why do you say that? im not too worried about it, i will just take it to a good shop and have them do it
:)

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by 87FOXGT
why do you say that? im not too worried about it, i will just take it to a good shop and have them do it
:)

Several shops complained about the quality of the wing and a few wanted over $650 just to paint it because they said they've painted them before and they require a lot of work to get it to look good. I had to find a shop that had never painted a Saleen wing before. They did have to repaint it 2 times before I felt it was good enough to install, but it was done for a lot less.

As for installation. There were no instructions included, so the body shop wanted to glue it on and I said "NO WAY". I had to call Saleen just to find out how to install the damn wing correctly!

I think it's an awesome looking wing. It's just not an easy mod and the quality of Saleen body parts is questionable. That's all.

Last edited:

87FOXGT

Established Member
Originally posted by umustdv8
Several shops complained about the quality of the wing and a few wanted over $650 just to paint it because they said they've painted them before and they require a lot of work to get it to look good. I had to find a shop that had never painted a Saleen wing before. They did have to repaint it 2 times before I felt it was good enough to install, but it was done for a lot less.

As for installation. There were no instructions included, so the body shop wanted to glue it on and I said "NO WAY". I had to call Saleen just to find out how to install the damn wing correctly!

I think it's an awesome looking wing. It's just not an easy mod and the quality of Saleen body parts is questionable. That's all.

so if its not glued on, is it bolted down ?:shrug:

Toplesss

Established Member
I got the side stripes from Saleen.

As far as the wing being a pain...I got it painted for $227.00
I installed it with the help of a buddy. I have heard horror stories about the install, but mine went on smooth as could be. It is held on with two studs and 3m tape. Mine fits like its a factory piece. Good luck!:beer:

96cobrakid

Established Member
I have heard that the Saleen pieces suck. i guess becaiuse they have the name, they think they don't need the best quailty parts. Saleen didn't send instructions with my buddies side scoops either.

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by 87FOXGT
so if its not glued on, is it bolted down ?:shrug:

The main part of the wing has 2 whimpy bolts and you are suppose to use 3M automotive double-sided tape too.

Users who are viewing this thread