Those with shackles

kennster, do you even feel a vibration, I would imagine you would......I flipped mine after asking every dealership in town, no one could figure it out. One day someone mentioned something about pinion angle and it over.....its a shame that all the Techs cant figure out shit!

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
actually no. 2004SVT....i didnt feel anything.....i went to work today (highway)....no vibration...that i recall......i will pay more attention tomorrow...and this is the first i have heard about the shims......even the spring place that did it for me(i didnt have a jack....and i am lazy) didnt say anything....thanks again guys..once again SVTPERFORMANCE.COM has saved the day!!!!!!!!YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

NorCalLightning

Silver Is Best!!
Established Member
"i have 4 inch shackles on an 04.......do i need to flip the shims????......where?? how??when?????......i put them on last night......i didnt know there would be a problem...."

As you can see it varies from truck to truck. Some guys with '03/'04's have to flip their shims with 2" shackles, some don't. I didn't have to do my shims with 2"shackles.

Now, for the 4" JLP shackles, you may get away with flipping them, but I've read several posts (on NLOC and F150online) where folks actually took them out completely. But, like I said earlier, each truck is different. To be safe, go buy an angle finder from any Sears (or the like) and check your pinion angle, it's not hard. Do a search on NLOC or F150online if you want more detail on how to check your own pinion angle. Good luck :beer:

Steve

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread