Those with Verts and Stingers Chime in...

2K4 SVT

Established Member
Howdy!

I wanted to get some feedback from those of you who have a convertible and the borla stinger setup. I'm thinking seriously of putting them (the stingers) on my '04 vert but I wanted to see what people with verts had to say about the loudness. Is it too loud for a vert or do you love the stingers just as much as everyone else seems to? Thanks for your responses!

GO HOKIES!

Established Member
IMHO i don't think it will be too loud. The only time stingers are really loud is when you get down on them. They are pretty quite when cruising so yea, I would suggest getting them:burnout:

2K4 SVT

Established Member
Awesome, thanks for your quick feedback! I'm ready to pull the plug.... anyone else have some comments?

nj7703

Established Member
I have them, and if anything i have grown to want them a bit louder. When i get on the car, all i hear is supercharger whine. I love the way they sound, and for me, they are for sure not too loud.

ModsAway

Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
I have them, and if anything i have grown to want them a bit louder. When i get on the car, all i hear is supercharger whine. I love the way they sound, and for me, they are for sure not too loud.

Same, I've started to consider adding a high flow cat mid-pipe. The only loud RPM range of the Stingers is 2k RPM... I wouldn't call it drone but its the "loud sweet spot".

bossvt

Established Member
I have them on my vert. They're definitely louder with the top down. I didn't like them on the first drive. But I've grown to like them a lot since then.

I think you need to be a bit of an extravert to like an exhaust this loud.

2HNB

Established Member
I still have an un-opened set in my garage. PM me if you are interested.

Last edited:

Metro1

Established Member
Concur with bosssvt. I did not like them either at first but grown to love the deep rumble they give off when you jump on it. Everbody that hears my car love the old school deep sound.

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Get em, you'll love em. I've got a custom x-pipe with the Stingers and I dont find it too loud at all. Cant wait to get the long-tube headers on.:uh oh:

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
have em with catted x, love it, friend with cobra and magnaflows wants to switch. were really loud for few hundred miles, since then have gotten a tad quieter. no drone or rasp. perfect.

hey hy-dro, you car looks good, same color as mine cant wait to get a style bar and drop it, nice to know what im gonna be lookin at everyday.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
At first....I thought they were to loud....but now....I wish they were a little louder! So I say...they sound awesome....DO IT!

Users who are viewing this thread