though i'd share

wtw5974

Head Chef
Established Member
So here I am driving on an exchange ramp on the highway. Now there is some traffic and here comes some tuff guy in his new black Vett convertible driving like an ass, cutting people off and that sort of thing. It’s one thing to drive fast but, reckless and fast.

I could not wait for this jerk to get next to me, I hate drivers like that. This Vett must have been 3 days old, still had the window sticker on it and new temp plates. So, we played cat and mouse until we get to a tollbooth. The road ahead is wide open. He’s revving that LS1 and I smile big. We roll out of the tollbooth slowly look at each other and WAMM!! :burnout: I put the hammer down and he got nailed. I cut it at around 130 he was back there a bit. I stopped at the following rest stop to fuel up and he pulls in and is pissed off and shaking his head. I didn’t think it was safe to say anything. He was really MAD!!:fm:

Now two days later I see the same guy, this time I’m driving my little Benz SLK AMG, I had AMG do a few extra things to it for me. Now I though to myself, this is to good let the games begin!! Any way, we get into it again at the same tollbooth and I got the same out come. He flew to the rest stop but I did not. I guess you could say I felt a little sorry for the guy. Beating him twice in two different cars and all.

Here’s the kicker. I’m walking my dog this last weekend in some un-sniffed parts of town and there he is washing that Vett!! Windows Sticker and all Plus!!!…….. A For Sale Sign!!! I was in shock.

I’m going to call the guy up just for fun.

Cheers :beer:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
you should have walked up to him and been like - "How much for the vette? My dog needs a new dog house, and he loves the smell of burnt ls1 in the morning"

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
:lol: I feel kinda bad for the guy. :-D Good kills!

Ya' gotta love the way the road opens up after a toll booth. Man its beautiful. :burnout:

wtw5974

Head Chef
Established Member
Some people just don't do their homework about cars? If your going to buy something like that you should at least know what your up against and make the mods to keep up. Right¿?
At least I think so.

BTW, The first run was with my Silver 03 Cobra with Steeda X-pipe, Cad back, and Cold air intake and running with 105 octane. Kenne Bell S/C and Kenny Brown suspension on the way.

wtw5974

Head Chef
Established Member
I have always said- If it isn't fast enough to scare you, it isn't fast. And if it does not scare you anymore it is time to modify or move on.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Doug
you should have walked up to him and been like - "How much for the vette? My dog needs a new dog house, and he loves the smell of burnt ls1 in the morning"

Thats great man!!!!! Dumb Vette owners still thinking they rule the roads, except for the ZO6's, those are sweet cars, but I would still, in a heartbeat, take an '03 Cobra(but I still love my little old '96 though), and spend 10 grand on it and be a lot faster than the Z!

Tim

blacknight07607

Tailgating State
Established Member
Originally posted by wtw5974
Here’s the kicker. I’m walking my dog this last weekend in some un-sniffed parts of town and there he is washing that Vett!! Windows Sticker and all Plus!!!…….. A For Sale Sign!!! I was in shock.

I’m going to call the guy up just for fun.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wtw5974

Head Chef
Established Member
I called up like I said I would. It turns out it is his wife’s car :burn: and she is selling it! So I talked to Beth a little on the phone, she just got a new 911 vert and is selling her 01 Vett. The window sticker she kept and taped it in the passenger window. She transferred her vanity plates off the Vett onto the 911, so that explained the temp tags. When she told me this I said that cool then I could race you husband again this time it will be a 911 I'll eat. She didn’t like that (him racing). So, I took advantage of the situation, (wouldn’t you) I told her something along the lines of smoking tiers out of toll booths, and hauling @$$ on I-90 a dozen times last week. That got the fire started real good. :coolman: I don't think I will see him driving her car for a while. :lol:

Happy Hunting

suprafied69

Established Member
:lol: hahahahh dude deserves 2 sell his car paid 2 dang much n he still got whopped on 2 diffrent ocassion

n they taight the ls6 was bad ass bur turbos are spooling and yur still drooling:coolman:

SVTBlade19

Established Member
2 things first off great kills put the vette in his place, second hey atleast he isn't a retard like so many other chevy owners that make up excuses when they lose, he got smart and decided to sell hopefully he'll get a real car, great job man you pounded some car intelligence into him btw how are those SLK AMG's?

wtw5974

Head Chef
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTBlade19
btw how are those SLK AMG's?

It is IMAO the best sleeper cat, next to the MB AMG sedans and 600 series V12’s and the 03’ Cobra. I could not tell you how many people I have shocked. You race’em and fry’em and all they do is look at you like WTF? You mash the gas never and it never stops accelerating. I had some work done on mine at AMG about 6 months ago (sent it back to Germany). Porting, more boost, re-geared (for top speed), no more governor that sort of thing. So it is not as quick off the line as the standard model, but when it hits about 60 watch out. (AMG says with the Mods it should keep up with 911 turbo’s on the highway) It is very very easy to drive, and to drive fast. One minute your cruzing along at 70 and the next your doing 130. I find myself doing that all the time. Unlike some cars where it my take you some time to get used to the handling and acceleration to drive fast with confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread