Thought I would let you guys know...

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
that Spec is about to design a clutch for the SVT Focus. Giving the wife's 04 to them this weekend

HTPerformance

I thought spec already offers a whole line of clutches for the svt focus.... ?

I only went with Clutchmasters because I could get a discount on it.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Apparently not. Buddy of mine that is an engineer there said they would need the car because they wanted to get in the market.

Elliott, don't know about the stages yet. I have no details on what they are planning on doing. As I found out the details I'll let you guys know

SpeedOften

Established Member
There are Spec clutches available for the Getrag transmission of the SVT focus..
I'm not sure if they offer any for the MTX75 transmission in the regular focus.

I have a Spec Stg 3 clutch and a Spec (rebadged fidanza) flywheel in my car right now...

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Interesting. Our SVTF is just used for a DD and is still stock so I have not kept up with the performance market on them. I'll call him and see what they are planning on doing.

EDIT. Here is what he told me
All SVT focus clutches are discontinued...including parts to ours! Nobody has them and we get inquiries every day.

That being said...we need a guinnea pig.

Not sure on the details, but if we could have the car, or even come take a look, we are wanting to design a new clutch/flywheel package for them before the OE or other companies try to get the dried-up market. We would get it done and you guys would have the first one. And it would be replacable...they are not even warrantying them right now because Ford cannot get the replacement Ford Part!!! It is from LUK brand.

Last edited:

SpeedOften

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
Interesting. Our SVTF is just used for a DD and is still stock so I have not kept up with the performance market on them. I'll call him and see what they are planning on doing.

EDIT. Here is what he told me

This is most likely due to the Ford TSB of the rattling OEM clutch on the SVT... The TSB clutch and Flywheel is significantly beefier than the original equipment, so much so that the clutches and flywheels are not interchangable (OEM with the TSB one)...

This is the problem with the OEM unit... the pressure plate breaks under any significant power increase or just randomly...

SVTFfinallyhome004.jpg

SVTFfinallyhome005.jpg

SVTFfinallyhome006.jpg

SVTFfinallyhome007.jpg

SVTFfinallyhome008.jpg

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
if you read my quote from Spec you will see that if a company doesn't have it on the shelf they cannot get it now

Users who are viewing this thread