1-1.gif

7.gif

3.gif

5.gif

2-1.gif

BigMikeCobra

Learning to be humble
Established Member
great pictures. car looks great. was that a toyota corolla i saw?

Noo...that was an asshole that thought his busted ass v6 automatic 190k mile 90 something model Maxima was going to keep up with us. He kept going off track and throwing dirt in the air...he finally pulled over for us to pass.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Nice Man....I actually like the picture with you behind the black Carrera closing in on him...

Mustr have been fun....

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
This is awesome!! Where is this located and how much is it? are you allowed to "drift" (just kick the back end out coming out of turns) or is it strict

BigMikeCobra

Learning to be humble
Established Member
This is awesome!! Where is this located and how much is it? are you allowed to "drift" (just kick the back end out coming out of turns) or is it strict

This is at VIR, Virginia International Raceway. It was a veteran day thing, they let people drive on their track for $25 a session which lasted well over 20 mins. They told us not to let it kick out on the track, but I let it rip a few times, no black flags. First time on a track...HAD A BLAAST!

What's up with no helmets? Was this a parade lap during lunch or what?:shrug::dw::??:
My helmet was in my trunk...I went out there, not knowing what to expect actually. Got there and said, wait a min, i had to dig out a god damn helmet for a whole hour from 6am to 7am and I don't have to wear it? But anyways the rules called that we were to not pass one another so we all had to work with speed of the leader which for some reason was always a slow person. 3 time around we had a Vette as a leader and 3 decent cars behind him and then a Maxima. The vette caught up to the last guy in the group and we didn't even get to hit more than 100 on the straight away, didn't want to cause any problems but I wanted to pass that dude so bad. So overall assholes like the maxima guy is why we don't wear helmets.

I was thinking the same thing...where's the helmets???
Same as above lol

It would have to be wouldn't it?? If so, doesn't say much for the guy that was running off the track on parade laps.... geesh.:poke:
Dude...if you think the maxima was bad...someone brought out a 4 banger boxy looking KIA...100% stock. when i seen him get on the track after a vette I turned around and went got me something to drink lol.

mysterio

Established Member
Very cool experience, and VIR is one of the best tracks in the mid Atlantic region, IMO. If you enjoyed this, you should go back on one of the real open track events.

One of the org's that runs there is trackdaze.com , and they publish their schedule well in advance.

An open track event, with helmet (and probably instructor), will blow your socks off.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Very cool experience, and VIR is one of the best tracks in the mid Atlantic region, IMO. If you enjoyed this, you should go back on one of the real open track events.

One of the org's that runs there is trackdaze.com , and they publish their schedule well in advance.

An open track event, with helmet (and probably instructor), will blow your socks off.

Yes it will!!! and you owe it to yourself to try at least one before you die.:rockon:

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
Yes on what Jimmy said. Its been said to me before that "Doing a track day is the most fun you can have with your clothes on." I can attest to that and it is an absolute blast. VIR is one of the premier tracks in the nation and its a fun and challenging track to master.

Check out the autox/road racing section of this forum and make sure you get your car prepped for a track day so you won't run into any problems and enjoy as much time on the track as possible without any distractions.

MGC

Established Member
Nice pics!! Definitely try an open track event, sounds like you would enjoy it more. You would only have been stuck behind a maxima for a few corners then on you go when it's safe to pass. Definitely take a ride with an instructor and follow their advice, they are there to help you. Keep an open mind and most importantly have fun!!

BigMikeCobra

Learning to be humble
Established Member
Nice pics!! Definitely try an open track event, sounds like you would enjoy it more. You would only have been stuck behind a maxima for a few corners then on you go when it's safe to pass. Definitely take a ride with an instructor and follow their advice, they are there to help you. Keep an open mind and most importantly have fun!!

I went to trackdaze.com and the next open track event was already closed for signing up. I guess I got to catch the next one. VIR is pretty neat, it has a combination of everything. But for some reason, even tho its about 3.5 miles long i found it to be a bit short for me. Doesn't mean i won't be back tho! Tracking ftw:beer:

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
I went to trackdaze.com and the next open track event was already closed for signing up. I guess I got to catch the next one. VIR is pretty neat, it has a combination of everything. But for some reason, even tho its about 3.5 miles long i found it to be a bit short for me. Doesn't mean i won't be back tho! Tracking ftw:beer:

Short? That's actually a fairly good size track or at least I thought so when I got there. You need to get down to check out Road Atlanta and CMP since you're not too far from either one of those. Both are alot of fun as well. You should check out Nasa... the Southeast guys have events at RA and CMP and the Atlantic guys run at VIR. They have HPDE's that you can run in and you can even work you're way up from there to even doing Time Trials in your Cobra if you desire. Good group of guys.

National Auto Sport Association - nasaproracing.com

Users who are viewing this thread