Thought that my battery was dead. Quess not. Please Help.

zonk22

Established Member
Battery light comes on during revs. Just installed a new optima red top. The light is still coming on with revs. I assume that it must be my alternator. It seem as there is no clear consensus on which way I should go from here. Please give me some advice.

chitowncobra

Established Member
Battery light comes on during revs. Just installed a new optima red top. The light is still coming on with revs. I assume that it must be my alternator. It seem as there is no clear consensus on which way I should go from here. Please give me some advice.
you need a another alt..... 2nd oem ford one for me!! had my red top optima for over a year and the light came on 1 day car just died could not make it back home!! tried to jump it several times battery would not charge!! i was close to a walmart got a battery from there got the car home! took the optima to advanced auto parts were i bought it and got it recharged and a another oem ford alt.... and i am driving the cobra again!!!:beer::beer:

Last edited:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Mine did the same thing a month ago and so did my buddies.We both got alt's from o rielys strictly for the life time warranty. They both run fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread