thoughts of spec 2+ with low pedal effort option

five 0 ninja

Established Member
I need to order my clutch in the next couple days. Was thinking twin disc but my flywheel isn't the best match for it and I am awaiting ups to bring it back after sending it to mcleod to have a new surface installed. So don't want to buy new one. Car makes 425 to the flywheel and honestly cant see going past 500. Mainly street car that may see the track once or twice a year if that. So pedal feel and smoothness is very important. I am seriously thinking of going with the spec 2+ with the low pedal effort option. Guys at spec so it should be very street friendly with no chatter with aluminum flywheel due to the surfaces they use in the disc and with low pedal effort option it will feel like stock or lighter. They also say it's rated to around 700 ft lbs which surprised me. Anyone have experience with this clutch or know people who used it? Thanks

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
I have the Stage 2+. I love it. Smooth, light, no chatter. Very friendly clutch. You will like it. I'm using it with a steel flywheel too.

five 0 ninja

Established Member
Thanks goodness, somebody does use this clutch!lol How many miles have you put on it and how much power you making? Go to the track at all with it? THanks for info. THink im going to order here soon.

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
No problem bud. Glad I can help. I just put it in last month and have around 1000 miles on it so far. Spec requires a 500 mile break in so I drove it everywhere for the last month. I love this clutch. I had the normal 2 before this and I like this one much better. This will hold more power because of the materials on the disc, but the reason why they say it feels like the 2 is because it has the same pressure plate. Therefore the pedal stiffness is the same. I am making around 450 to the tire and it holds great. It is very light to push and the engagement is smooth. It is a very friendly clutch. Not grabby at all. No chatter either. I don't track the car often and haven't yet on this clutch anyway, but I did track the car with my old 2 a few times and it just didn't last me long. This clutch was made to take more abuse for occasions such as that but also give you great streetability. I am confident to say you will be pleased with the 2+ and so will anyone else who have a simple bolt ons and pulley setup.

Let me know if I can help you out with anything else.

Salmonsnake

Established Member
im running a t56 in my 96 cobra and i just destroyed a stock 11inch 04 cobra clutch, im really thinking about the spec 2+, i have an aluminum fidanza 2 piece flywheel with the steel friction surface, can i expect it to handle my 370 whp and fairly hard street driving?

five 0 ninja

Established Member
No problem bud. Glad I can help. I just put it in last month and have around 1000 miles on it so far. Spec requires a 500 mile break in so I drove it everywhere for the last month. I love this clutch. I had the normal 2 before this and I like this one much better. This will hold more power because of the materials on the disc, but the reason why they say it feels like the 2 is because it has the same pressure plate. Therefore the pedal stiffness is the same. I am making around 450 to the tire and it holds great. It is very light to push and the engagement is smooth. It is a very friendly clutch. Not grabby at all. No chatter either. I don't track the car often and haven't yet on this clutch anyway, but I did track the car with my old 2 a few times and it just didn't last me long. This clutch was made to take more abuse for occasions such as that but also give you great streetability. I am confident to say you will be pleased with the 2+ and so will anyone else who have a simple bolt ons and pulley setup.

Let me know if I can help you out with anything else.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I ended up ordering it a couple days ago and recieved it yesterday. Still have to find a tool to get my old pilot bearing out as the old grease trick doesn't want to work with this one. Then I'll be ready to start putting it back together.

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
im running a t56 in my 96 cobra and i just destroyed a stock 11inch 04 cobra clutch, im really thinking about the spec 2+, i have an aluminum fidanza 2 piece flywheel with the steel friction surface, can i expect it to handle my 370 whp and fairly hard street driving?

I am not surprised you fried the stocker. I tend to like matching parts, but my 2+ is holding my 450rwhp with mixed driving just fine. It behaves however you want it to.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I ended up ordering it a couple days ago and recieved it yesterday. Still have to find a tool to get my old pilot bearing out as the old grease trick doesn't want to work with this one. Then I'll be ready to start putting it back together.

Let me know what you think of the clutch!

Users who are viewing this thread