Thoughts on 10:1 compression,twin turbo and e85?

I8URLS1

Established Member
Building a teksid block using cobra crank, rods (arp2000 bolts) and custom diamond pistons (-11cc) and the Trickflow 2v heads. Current plan for an intake is a Vic jr with elbow and 75mm throttle body.

I have a THP (turbohorsepower.com) twin kit. 57mm turbos, upgraded 3.5" intercooler.

Car has a T56 in it currently with 26 spline input shaft. Plan to do some type of rebuild on it and use a Spec Twin Disc clutch

Car has a Glenn's Performance 1000 hp fuel system with sumped tank. Has twin -6 feed lines with a -6 return. If I upgrade to a large Holley pump what will these lines support?

Plan to run 160lb injectors and sell my 80s.

At what point is e85 not enough with a motor of this compression? Will I need meth on top of the e85 to be safe?

Goals are 750+ on 18psi and 900+ on 25 psi

Will the cobra rods be sufficient also at these power levels with ARP2000 rod bolts?

Car will be getting my built rearend from my other car with 35 spline axles/spool
Through the floor subframes with 6 point chromoly cage
Full Team Z rear suspension.

Last edited:

KlugSS

Established Member
Why run such small fuel lines?
I have a Glenn's
And I am using -12 an line to pump, -10 after pump, and -10 return.
Always a good idea to have a large supply hose to the pump if you are running a large pump. I run a magnafuel 4303.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Your rods , crank , and pistons should handle 1000whp .. hell they're even people making close to 1,000whp w stock rods without arp2000 bolts .. also with e85 / 10:1 you Gona be on a sweet spot not need for methanol...

01yellercobra

Established Member
If it's the same set that I installed in a buddies car then he has two feed lines. Not one.

I8URLS1

Established Member
Yes has twin feed lines. This is the setup currently in the car with the kenne bell setup. I was thinking I may need a larger return as well.

I also have a Lentech Strip Terminator AOD that may replace the t56

Users who are viewing this thread