Thoughts on 20" 2001-2002 Chrome Replica Wheels and Production

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
FINALLY GOT A SET of 20" 2001-2002 Chrome Replica Wheels!!

Hello everyone, I have been trying to help get these wheels back into production since they quit making them and it has not been fun but I finally got ahold of a set. I absolutely love these wheels and could not find a set used for a good price, and they are scarce so I went directly to the source. For those of you that have been following my progress on this and are in the same boat you know what I have gone through. Check out the next reply for the latest update on my findings, and thanks to all that have rooted for me. BK

HERE ARE SOME PICS OF THE NEW WHEELS INSTALLED ON MY TRUCK, WOOHOO! SCROLL DOWN TO SEE LARGE PICS ON HERE...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bwkelley76/album?.dir=/7d78scd&.src=ph

BY THE WAY, THEY DO COME WITH THE LIGHTNING BOLT CENTER STICKERS FOR THE CAPS. The tire shop just forgot to put them on! LOL

Last edited:

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
We did it guys! The Lightning Replica Wheels are being produced again!

OUR EFFORTS HAVE PAID OFF!!

I just had a set sent to me overnight and they will be put on tomorrow, woohoo!!

It took almost a year and a ton of phone calls to the various distributors and I finally got it done!! Thanks again to everyone here and on the other forums that participated in the wheel poles we now have the manufacturer’s attention. They have put them back in production; possibly for a limited time and definitely a limited supply.

2001-2002 replicas in chrome, 20x9".

I have connections at the factory and I can get a set for about $1200.00 Shipped for anyone that is interested. Just shoot me a PM or an email at [email protected].

I'm not making any money on this, I'm just trying to help out my fellow Lightning owners get some wheels without spending 3g's or more on a set of Boyds....LOL I've ben through hell and back trying to get wheels for my truck!!!

(For those that have followed my journey on this Juan at Wheel Contact is no longer in the game and he does not return phone calls about these wheels. I'm not even sure he is still in business)

LFMEDCROPHQ.gif

LSCROPFLIP.gif

LRCROP.gif

LFCROP.gif

LFCLOSECROP.gif

DSC_1350.gif

Last edited:

miamijdm

Crazy SVT Racer
Established Member
If I didn't have the 22's, I would buy a set of these hands down.. These are by far my favorite wheels!! Good job :beer:

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
I just have the 1 set that is mine, however I can get them for you at my cost. I believe they had 40 sets left at the factory last week according to the rep that I got them from. Shoot me a PM or an email and we'll chat some more about it. I don't mind hookin up my lightning pals.

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
I really really REALLY want these, however I've had chrome wheels before and I don't like the upkeep. Is there ANY POSSIBLE WAY you can talk to your contact to see if they can manufacture some sets of the wheels polished? I mean if they have the design and everything ready again, I don't see why they can't change a couple minor things to make them polished instead of chrome. Please see what you can do for me! Help out your fellow Lightning brethren!

Thanks!

also i personally think that silver wheels look bigger than chrome wheels...the reflectiveness of chrome takes away from the size i think

trueblue4ver

Established Member
I doubt they will make them polished but why would you want them polished anywayz if your worried about upkeep. Polished is alot more diffucult to clean than chrome. You can just rinse and dry with chrome but with polished you have to use a cleaner and wipe them down then rinse then its harder to dry all the crap off. I think that silver wheels would be tight in 20's though! :rockon:

Edit: Bwkelley76- Can you get more pics of your truck. Ones of the full body and not just up close shots. I would like to see how they look more! I love these wheels!

Last edited:

Bootbox

Established Member
trueblue4ver said:
Polished is alot more diffucult to clean than chrome.

Yep, wayyy harder to keep nice. Chrome is a cake walk in comparison.

Wheels look awesome man, lets see some full side shots with it out of the garage.

:coolman: :beer:

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
Craig Mack said:
I really really REALLY want these, however I've had chrome wheels before and I don't like the upkeep. Is there ANY POSSIBLE WAY you can talk to your contact to see if they can manufacture some sets of the wheels polished? I mean if they have the design and everything ready again, I don't see why they can't change a couple minor things to make them polished instead of chrome. Please see what you can do for me! Help out your fellow Lightning brethren!

Thanks!

also i personally think that silver wheels look bigger than chrome wheels...the reflectiveness of chrome takes away from the size i think

bwkelley - so what do you think man? can you check it out for me?

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
...sent you a PM, No dice on anything except chrome at this time. Sorry I tried. I'll see one of these days if I can get some side shots out of the garage for you all. Been real busy the last few weeks so I haven't had a chance to play with the truck much. Damn they look sweet though!

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
bwkelley76 said:
...sent you a PM, No dice on anything except chrome at this time. Sorry I tried. I'll see one of these days if I can get some side shots out of the garage for you all. Been real busy the last few weeks so I haven't had a chance to play with the truck much. Damn they look sweet though!

hey guy thanks for checkin! its actually my friend posting under my name who wants them for his sonic blue L....he told me hes gonna break down and buy the chrome ones.

I think the chrome ones look sick as hell....absolutely the perfect rim for these trucks.....my ONLY beef is that its 20x9...I wish the rim was made a little wider so a wider tire could be fitted on there....then I would buy some (if I had the $) for sho. :rockon:

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
gotcha... actually with the 305 tire the 9" looks plenty beefy. I thought the same thing as you until I got them. You just have to go with a 305 tire is all. VERY NICE Match!

Users who are viewing this thread